4 DR Kick Build up questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

4 DR Kick Build up questions

What is the most cost efective way of building a 4dr kick. What are the pro's and con's of wheelin one. The kick I have is a 94 4dr kick with a 16v 1.6l and a five speed. Right now it's totally stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 4 DR Kick Build up questions

Oooooohhhh, this will be fun.

Depends on where you want to be in the end? Something mild that you can drive around the streets and still wheel pretty wild? Well, you know what my bolt-on suggestion is.

BUT!

If you are talking about a play-toy replacement for you Samurai. Find a 1985 Toy truck. Swap in the axles with a custom made (read: DIY) long-arm coil suspension. Get a Ringer from Kerry and dump the Toy tranny/t-case in it. Double up another Toy t-case. Install a full exo-cage. Run at least 33"s, but 35"s on it would be bitchen. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

How far you going to take it? Off the Sammy fast so you can have some money to burn on it. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

There was a 4-door 'kick at the melt!

The owner had put a solid axle up front, so you can pretty much bet that the t-case was not stock.

I didn't get to much of a look at it I guess because there were tons of equally interesting setups present and I couldn't get to them all!

I could see where the long wheelbase might be a drawback -- a bit easier to high-center than a 2-door.

But one of the things that draws me to the Suzuki are the infinite combinations of mods that you can do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Tim,
At this time I'm still thinking daily driver w/ weekend wheelin at PAP. I was also thinking Solid axle conversion. After watching some unknown person w/ a tracker [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] breakin all those axles Solid axle seems to be the way togo. I was also thinking 33's, stayin with the coils. But I can't part with my Samurai quite yet so this is going to be a loooooooong buildup.

So here's the new question. Where to start? What is the best mod to start with to make it a little more offroadable?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:16 PM

Coil spacers, body lift, 30" tires, SKID PLATES and a rear locker.. it'll go like mad!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:25 PM
ronin

There used to be a guy in my neighborhood that had a black 4 door kick. It ran a mild lift and what looked like 29" or 30" tires. I never got a close up look at it, but it ran like mad in the snow. It looked awesome in all black with tinted windows and those white letter BFG MTs [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bet it would have been fun off-road and covered in mud.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 07:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good God, you've asked the question that has lead many before you to financial ruin.

Go here: Calmini
And here: Rocky Road Outfitters

There are other sites, but this ought to take care of all the money you'll earn through the end of next year. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

So what your sayin is just keep wheelin the sammy?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 09:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

We all know why Kerry breaks stuff. He goes where no Kick has ever gone, or probably ever will. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 12:02 PM

Ask me some questions! Just ask me!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] My baby is a 4 Door Kick with a preowned 2 inch Calmini suspension lift (got it from a buddy), a custom 3 inch body lift, and coil spacers in the back. I did this all pretty cheap. She's on 31's right now, until I can afford the 3 inch lift from Calmini.

I want 5.83's and an ARB locker too. (I should be getting those after the 1st of the year..)

But she delivers Pizza!

[img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Heather

Pic is my truck this last weekend in the snow with some buddies..

See my link below...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 943685-DCP_2199 (Medium).jpg (79.4 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode