Sidekick 235's mounted - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:30 AM
Happy_Trails

Sidekick 235\'s mounted

Well I finally got my tires mounted !!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I bought a set of Dunlop Mud Rovers/235's from Dean not long ago. I went to Town Fair Tire this morning and had them mounted. Of course thats after the guy looked at me as if I was retarded.I told him I was mounting 235's on a Sidekick and he just had to take a look at truck and tires first. Of course his first words are......"they are going to rub". I then told him I know guys running 30's and they say they are fine.So.........after $53.85 they are mounted and looking good.Except I forgot to tell him to mount them with white letters inside,not outside.(GRRRRRRRR)( $39.80 for balancing/$11.00 for valves,rest for labor I guess and tax of course.) The only rubbing I have seen is one side the very tips have some nicks,but they may have been there before. If anything is rubbing/scuffing I think it is the sheetmetal screws that hold the mudflaps and if thats it they are going.now I can't wait to install that 3 inch body lift. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sidekick 235\'s mounted

My mudflaps were the first thing to go! With the 31 X 10.50's, only the left front tire rubbed on the fender. Half hour with a ball-peen hammer, and no more rubbing! I just "rolled" the sheet metal "in" from both directions. That's with the Calmini 6" lift.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 11:53 AM
dcbenj

Alan,
when I went to Town fair with my 31's for the zook, the guy looked at me as if I asked to mount square tires. ("according to the manual, you can safely mount 215s")!!
Lets see some pics- betcha it looks good.
dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Happy_Trails

Thats funny because it is my left side that rubs also...Hummmmmmm....did you cut out your front fenders ?
.. has heard of some "massaging" the sheetmetal back a few inches and one who cut floorboards and moved them back like 3 inches.So I guess when it stops raining the mud flaps will be coming off. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 12:08 PM
Happy_Trails

Hey Dean,
Yeah it looks more "off roadable".(LOL) Yeah the guy looked at me like I was from a different planet.I thought for sure he was going to say no way. But after he looked at them he said ok.Even thou when I left I still think he thought I was crazy. It sits a little higher then before. I need to get backspaced rims to give it that wider look.The tires seem to ride nice on highway. They have that "HUMMMMM" that I have not heard in a while.(LOL)I'll take some pics soon,but just put in a fresh rool so it maybe a while before they get developed. Guess it's time to buy a digital. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 12:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Thats funny because it is my left side that rubs also...Hummmmmmm....did you cut out your front fenders ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I removed the plastic wheel-well liner, and hammered the outer and inner sheet-metal into the cavity between them. I moved it back about an inch at the bottom, and tapered it up about 4 or 5 inches. If I get a chance, I'll get a pic with the digicam, but that could be awhile.

[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] WARNING: Your stock air intake is inside the driver's side fender. If you remove the wheel-well liner, and leave it off (like I did) there is *some* increased risk of taking water into your engine. That's where the $210 Safari Snorkel will save your A$$! I plunged my Kick into a creek (on purpose) up to the hood on the driver's side, which would have DESTROYED the engine with a stock air intake. The snorkel kept it breathing, just fine!

Go HERE: Rocky Road Outfitters Sidekick Snorkel to see a good view of the snorkel on MY Sidekick.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Happy_Trails

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Well I guess you learn something new everyday. I just had to go look and sure enough your right. Never even noticed that it was plastic. Now the air intake box is above the plastic liner? I was wondering how the hell you can get to that thing. So.......if I remove that plastic liner, how much space is behind that? I don't think I really need to remove that yet. Maybe after I do the lift and get 31's. Right now those mudflaps need to go. They stick out just far enough to catch the tips when tires are turned. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Old Hand

dean when i put the 33x12.5 15s on my zuk at work the guys asked me if i was f in nuts he said that i would roll it on the way home but i proved him wrongthey had some problems holdin air so i got rid of them and now have 31x10.5s and there alot better
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 05:26 PM
97TRAKIN

Is your sidekick lifted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode