What tire size? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 09:56 PM
jaxondes

What tire size?

So what tire size do you guys think would be best for me?

Its a 94 Tracker 2 dr, it will soon have a 3" calmini lift,k 3" body lift and a header.

Whats the biggest tire I can handle? I'd really like to go with a 31. Can I turn them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 06:49 AM

Re: What tire size?

I ran 31's on my Tracker with stock gears.. it wan't bad at all.. you'll find yourself pulling down outta 5th alot more often.. and off road it's harder on the clutch for sure!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 11:25 AM

Take a look.. 1989 2 Door with 33's ... only a Calmini 6 inch Super Articulation kit and a little work to the fenders.. This guy is our buddy in the group.. you can email him at [email protected] .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 932715-DCP_0798 (Medium).JPG (90.7 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 11:26 AM

Here's another one.. I forgot to mention that he is still running the stock 5.12 gears.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 932716-DCP_0816 (Medium).JPG (86.3 KB, 31 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 12:23 PM

That 89 looks like them 33's don't quite fit.. the front fenders look trimmed down and they still appear to run bad! Maybe just a trick of the pic?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 12:47 PM
Enthusiast

This is not bad mind you, but for every person on this board, you will find a different opinion. That is not bad, but it does give you a lot of choices. Compare your driving with someone on here that has the same driving requirements or habits and start there. I use my Zuk for a daily driver, hunting and fishing mostly and my setup would not work for a rock crawler. I have a 2" shackle lift and 235's for tires. I am actually thinking of going down in tire size, 225's or 215's. So you have a lot to think about and take your time. Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Jim
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 01:53 PM

Well he doesn't have much (if any) of a problem with them rubbing anymore.. and yes, the fenders are trimmed.. as I stated. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also had to trim my truck to get my 31's to fit.

I can still use 5th gear, more of a cruise control than much else.. but I don't really miss it. She's not a highway truck. The only other issue that I have is that I have to make sure I keep her above 1500 rpm when I am playing around in the dirt.. cause she will stall. Around town though (I deliver pizzas.. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) she does great. I will be getting gears soon though.

It seems like different people have different experiences. I have heard of people putting 31's on a lift similar to mine, and had no rubbing and less of an issue with speed or hesitation.

Heather

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 932839-DCP_1052 (Medium).JPG (67.5 KB, 14 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, Heather, I'm running 31's with the Calmini 6". I had to "hammer back" the driver's side front wheel well. Passennger side never did rub - go figure. Because I live at 9,000 feet elevation, my Kick doesn't have as much power as you do in Idaho, most likely. I DEFINITELY want to regear, and hopefully, my next set of meats will be 33's!

Here's a trick - ZukBoys fender flares for a Samurai will ALSO fit a 2-door Sidekick, and they give you 5" of flare on the outside, and extend 8" INSIDE the wheel well. Just a matter of time, until I get a set. They won't work on the back wheel wheels of a 4-door, because the back doors are so close to the wheel well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode