V6 Swap What Lightning Con. won't tell you. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 06:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

V6 Swap What Lightning Con. won\'t tell you.

Okay, for all of those who want a V6 and are not sure where it will all fit. Stand by I am going to tell you. I am in the prosess of swaping a 4.3 ltr chevy V6 and auto trans. If you have tried to gain info from the subject mentioned, and resieved rude and unfriendly information then check me out. I am very disipointed with the owners business manor and recomend that you stray for doing business with him. I hope to show and tell all the dirty scecrets. I am going as of now... 4.3 ltr th700r4 auto trans as will as anything eles I want to do during the process.

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 932092-final cut_0003.jpg (51.1 KB, 167 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 07:18 PM

Re: V6 Swap What Lightning Con. won\'t tell you.

I hear ya. I too asked about their kits and got nothing but resistance and some serious, high-pressure sales tactics. Basically, they said send money or stop asking questions. Nice. And to think I was actually going to buy some of their products.
I thought of doing the same thing: posting all the info needed to do the swap, and I think I will. Why make someone pay for off-the-shelf parts and inside info? I don't think so. I'd be very happy to hear what info you've compiled and I'd be happy to offer you the same. I'm going with the 4.3L, with 700R4 too, and the NP241 pass. drop. Keep us updated, and I'll do the same.

Cheers!
Steve
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 07:42 PM

Hey jason,
Where's the front end? Man wish we lived closer. I would love to help on the swap just for the learning experience. Any chance you might have it going by Jan.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

<font color="green">When they 1st started out, they use to help out alot with the questions. But, I guess that has changed? I did my own GM 2.8 V6/T-5 tranny/Dana 300 swap and without there help. I was going to do the 4.3L but think the 2.8L was better for what I use it for. I'm working on a "how to" for my web-page on the GM 2.8L but, since I got out of the military I've had no time to write it. I'll get it done one of these days... soon! Keep us all posted on what you find out on your swap. Pic's are always good! Later </font color>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 12:02 AM

Mudlite, (I know you'll see this sooner or later) I hope you don't mind me throwing your expertise in here, but this is where I found some very good info on this subject. Mine is stilll in the planning (and saving money [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) stage, but hope to get it going sometime this winter.

Mudlite

Good luck and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 05:18 AM
nitro92v

I am currently doing the suzuki lightning conversion, the parts are quality parts, but, very spendy! I haven't had a problem with them yet, but, I am buying there parts. I agree mudlite has been very helpfull both from his website and by e-mail. I have been on Zukjr's site more for toyota axle info. Save your money look at others.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 06:11 AM

Well DUH! Of course they're NOT going to tell you what's involved unless you buy their stuff! That's just common sense. They're a business and like any other business they protect their investment. Why should they give any "Joe" off the street some of their time if there's no possibility he's buying their kit? Try calling up Dominos Pizza Corporate headquarters, telling them you're having problems making pizza sauce and then asking them what goes in their sauce. It's basically commmon sense.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 07:21 AM

Not quite Capn. I've asked several Zuk vendors for help when needed, and they were always willing to help, even if it meant I was going to buy a local part, and not theirs. You know what it boils down to: service!!! I bought my wiring harness from Painless and even before I did, their customer service line answered ALL my questions/e-mails even when I asked about competitors harnesses. The same was true for FI Specialties. Great guys (ask for Vince). He sold me a high pressure fuel pump and helped with TONS of questions.
When you ask for info on their custom driveshafts, and then find out they're just shortened stockers, why would I buy them from them when I can get my own cut?! Would you? I don't think so.
And the business about a different waterpump? Nice try, it's just the short shaft version of the SBC.
Custom rad? Save your coin and look into the Griffin Scirrocco race rad. It's only 13 inches tall and 20 (?) inches wide. Basically it will fit and is about $200+. Awesome for an aluminum rad. Use an electric fan and Water Wetter and your cooling problems are solved.
Headers? Make your own OR search the yards for a set that fit. Also, Sanderson makes some that will fit. They're about $250 so they're not too expensive.
As soon as I get the pics going, I'll post them for whoever wants them along with any info. I'll also have dimensions/measurements on the mounts and such.

Good luck everyone,
Steve
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 02:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It went down like this. I asked what I was going to get for the kit price and what I was going to need off of the complete Blazer that I have. So he listed. Radiator, Motor mounts, Exaust Manifold, ect... Then I ask why do I need manifolds and motor mount when I already have them. Anger was the answer, he told me if I was going to ask questions and doubt him then to figure it out on my own in so many ways. Very not cool. But that is his own bad Karma. I don't mind doing it my self.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 03:33 PM
nitro92v

Steve, How about some info, on the rad and the sanderson headers. The problem I have is with the exhaust manifolds, they hit the motor mounts. The dimension from mounting flange directly down to the motor mount is very tight. Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode