Klondike run in Andover NH...Never Mind... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Klondike run in Andover NH...Never Mind...

Hey guys,

The wifey was doing some research and found this place:
http://www.whoooo.com/

This place is up in Andover NH, and has a special rate to rent the entire lodge for 3days 2 nights at $55 a head...
What a deal!!!
Click on the link to "The Lodge" to get a look at the place...

I think this would be perfect for a Sammi getaway between Xmas and New Years Eve...
Most people should have some off time around then??

Catch is that we need 25 people to confirm and send me the $$ so I can make the reservation.

If I get enough intrest in this, I will call and find out available Dates..

This will be the same area as we are going this weekend, so I can come back and give a trail report...

What do you guys think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Happy_Trails

Re: Klondike run in Andover NH...Planning phase...

Hey...the place looks cool. Sure could have a great time there. Not sure about winter but that would be perfect for a weekend run in warmer weather.Especially for those of us who have to drive hours to get up there.Sure can't beat the price,if you can get 25 people. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] <font color="black"> </font color>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 08:02 AM
Happy_Trails

Just me again, Was wondering if you guys do alot of summer camping trips? Do you know any trails up in Vermont? or ever go to the 4x4 jamboree in Exxex junction ? The reason I ask is that I went up this year with a friend and my son. I found this nice campsite in Jeffersonville. It's clean and quiet with hot showers and flush toilets and most sites are right on river.You can even rent a tipi. I was thinking that if you knew trails in that area or wanted to attend jamboree next year you might wanna check out this campground. ( www.campvermont.com/brewster) [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 08:09 AM
Happy_Trails

Let me try this one more time. For some reason the website didn't come up for me. www.campvermont.com/brewster I hope this works..if not, just type in that website and it shoud come up. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Happy_Trails

Here is a pic of the campsite we stayed at at Brewster River Campground. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 931787-06_4.JPG (49.1 KB, 5 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Oh well,
The campground is booked up anyway...Maybe some other time.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Wyld_Bill

I thought you were moving back to Texas????What happened?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 05:03 AM
dcbenj

Alan,
Brewster is one of the best sites in Vt. Great location, facilities, with a nice swimming hole. And some great hikes within a few miles. Ever spoken at length with the owner? Quite a character- an ex NSA translator at top level during the cold war. He knew of assasination attempts on heads of state before they happened.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 07:02 AM
Happy_Trails

<font color="red"> </font color> OMG !!!! You know BILL ? I can't believe you know the campground or Bill. Small world!!! My friend Dave,who is Pres. of Eastern4Wheelers was going up to the 4x4 jamboree in Essex Junction this summer and I also wanted to go. But didn't want to do the motel thing.My wife had to work all weekend and my daughter wasn't interseted but my son wanted to go with me. Anyway, I was looking up campgrounds on line and found BREWSTER. What caught my eye was the tipi they have. Well I emailed Bill asking if they had sites available and that I really liked the tipi but figured it was already taken. To my surprise he replied say the tipi was available,so we took it for the weekend of the jamboree.The tipi was very cool!My son really liked staying there. The only problem was that my friend Dave had to be at the jamboree all day because his club had a booth there.So we didn't get to spend much time at the campsite.But we booked another weekend for Labor day weekend. Again my wife had to work so I took both my kids. We had the site right next to the tipi. This time we got to enjoy the river and site and falls and everything. It was a beautiful weekend.We did the alpine slide,gondola ride, trapp family, and so on. It's a very nice area with lots to do or just kick back and relax. I sure would go back to BREWSTER RIVER CAMPGROUND. Oh,here is another funny story.I took hike around the falls.I ended up on the road next to campgrounds and found this lodge that I had stayed at during a high school weekend ski trip.(LOL) Talk about small world. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 07:11 AM
Happy_Trails

DEAN,
While I was on my way back from Warwick yesterday I took route 3. In Hopkinton I saw a Hard Top Sammi for sale. I know you had said you might be looking for one. I don't have much info on it but it looks in good shape. It's sitting in someones driveway.It has low profile tires with mags.He is only asking $ 1650 !!! If your interested call JOE @ 401-741-4680 [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode