1st test drive-Sam with obd2 1.6 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

1st test drive-Sam with obd2 1.6

I finally got all the stuff together enough to go around the block. (Dash wires are tucked, all the crap cluttering around the car is ...mostly put away [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

So what happened?

I don't have th muffler on/worked out yet but with an obd2 catalytic converter it idles and cruises at a fairly decent decible level... no louder than the honda Kazzoos around here. But I was just rolling softly to get out of the alley when I made this observation (hmm, need to adjust the clutch some). I got out onto the street and tested the brakes (hmm that's odd) they slowed me down, good nuff (uh oh the bug has bitten) so here it goes...

I nailed it, magic happended ...the world was suddenly a better place... I'm not sure if the tires were wet and slipping or if it was the clutch getting it's arse kicked but ok accelleration was quickly replaced by that yummy launching sensation a second later the race was on! And what a racket! VA-fricken-ROOOOM! I went through second and let off pretty quick cuz man, that was a rush (plus on 32's uncorrected I was probably well on my way to a good ticket in a 30 mph zone). So then it's time to stop at the intersection. Uh oh, I didn't tighten the vaccum line to the brake booster enough. heh... But I was able to stop good enough.

[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Other thoughts:

I was running out of money so I went with an OEM replacement clutch. This may save my drivetrain but I'm losing torque here....

As good as it is, I expect a little more... I'm going to double check the vaccuum hoses and make sure the throttle position is giving me it's all.

Was it worth it?
Hey, I haven't gotten it passed the Smog Nazis yet... only then will we know.

I will post pics today [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:00 PM

Re: 1st test drive-Sam with obd2 1.6

I am rebuildin my lil 1.6 block to bolt it into my sammy around christmas time..I am gonna get a new clutch that hopefully wont slip on me..I plan on borin it .04 over with 10.5:1 compression and cant wait to feel some more power. Glad to hear it all went good for ya
P.S. you ever considered being a poet lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode