Drive Shaft Length - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 06:58 PM
nitro92v

Drive Shaft Length

I am in the middle of a V-6 swap, along with yota axles. My dilemma or question, is drive shaft length. In doing the suzuki lightning conversion the transfer case is moved back and down, about six inches both way's. In turn with the centered yota axle, the distance from axle to transfer case is about thirteen inches! This is with a lift to clear thirty-nine inch tires. With the compound angle can a get a drive shaft to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 08:11 PM

Re: Drive Shaft Length

Its not gonna be easy, but can be done. You will need to push the rear axle rearward some, easy to do if you put on CJ fronts, or YJ springs. I have SPOA to clear 38 inch TSLs and CJ fronts with toy LC axles, so I know it can be done. I run stock T-case location, which you may not be able to do with the V6 installation.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 09:31 PM

You are going to have a pretty steep driveshaft in the rear. It is going to be hard to have a vibe free 13" shaft with that much lift.

I have yota axles with a standard spoa with yj's and I have a yota cv shaft that is about 19" and I still have some low speed vibes, like around 10-25mph, then they go away. I would say push your rear back as much as you can. That is what I'm in the process of doing right now. I converting to coil susp and pussing the rear back 12" giving me a wheelbase of 95". I can't wait untill I'm done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:42 PM
nitro92v

Thanks for the info guy's! Zook94 with the Lc axles you don't have to deal with the centered axle correct? Tanzuki if I push the axle back, how do I compensate for the wheel opening's? Thank's again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode