NH run, Nov 2nd. UPDATE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

NH run, Nov 2nd. UPDATE

The following is a list of individuals who have replied:

<ul type="square">[*]Yankee Tim YES[*]weasel YES (not wildweasel)[*]Tkat2K YES[*]madsidekick NO GO[*]Steveitalian NO GO[*]tuneman NO GO[*]DannyL MAYBE[*]Happy Trails MAYBE[*]Wyld Bill MAYBE[*]wheelnrock MAYBE[/list]Is everyone up for a group dinner Sat' night? I was thinking something like chili or beef stew. How about it guys? Let me know what ya' like.
I'm bringing a camp stove and Coleman lantern. Individuals should bring a tent (of course). An insulated pad or air mattress would also be a good idea, it's gonna be cold at night. A folding chair would also be a plus. Bring a gallon of water, I wouldn't trust the water in the pond to be potable. Oh, I've also got a percolator for coffee. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
There's a nice fire pit to gather around and plenty of wood to be found; I'm also throwing in a chain saw.

If you'd like to see where we're headed, go to www.topozone.com and enter these UTM coordinates. UTM zone:19, easting:274156, northing:4817932. Once the map is displayed, select 1:50,000 scaling to see the pond. Tucker mt. road runs basically north to south along the power lines located apx' 1mi. east of the pond. The road to the pond is not on the map, but follows the series of swamps to the pond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Happy_Trails

Re: NH run, Nov 2nd. UPDATE

Hey there,
I'm still a " MAYBE". I had a physical for a new job last Thursday and has been waiting to hear back from the employer.Think I'll call them today and leave a voice mail because he works nights. So thats why I'm a "MAYBE".
I think you guys should expect some "SNOW" on this run. I know they have gotten snow up that way already. Guess I'd need snow tires also seeing how mine are stock street tires. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I too have all the camping gear. On future trips if anyone doesn't want to bring a tent I have a 10 x 20 three room tent I could bring and share.There is plenty of room and it's easy to set up. I also have a small dome for personal use along with air mattresses,stove and lanterns and I also have a kitchen sink. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] A fire and hot food sounds like a good idea on this trip. Of course everything always taste better when camping........Alan [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] <font color="black"> </font color>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

On your list that is not me right? I can't wheel yet,
Don't want to mess up the back. Next spring after the doc says okay I would be happy to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 09:55 AM
Happy_Trails

Here is a breakfast idea for you guys. This is fast and easy. First,if you guys want fast easy pancakes,Bisquick makes a mix in a bottle. All you do is add water to the bottle,shake and pour into pan. We tried this on one of our camping trips to Vermont and they were great.You don't need to refrigerate either.
Now if your into eggs,bring along some EGGBEATERS. No need to carry breakable eggs. Just pour them into a pan and thats it. Another good thing to do is bring some of those breakfast links.(JonesGoldenBrowns) Just heat those up in pan,cut up int small pieces and add to SouthWestern EggBeaters and maybe some hot sauce. Then take that and put into a pita bread or roll up in flat bread for a killer breakfast burrito.(way better then McDs)
Grilled bagels are good also with creamcheese,slice of tomato and slice of onion.....Enjoy ! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] <font color="black"> </font color>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

what town is this in?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Zooky, From the original post:
The details:
The run starts near Highland lake in East Andover, NH and crosses over Tucker mt. to the Hill, NH side. On the Hill side is an out &amp; back trail to Huntoon pond. Since many of us are traveling from the RI, MA, CT area, I've planned on camping overnight near the pond and heading back out on Sunday

Jim
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

No Glen, your the only wildweasel. It's another guy.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Hey, I really like the breakfast burrito idea using egg beaters. That's a good one! One note about tents, guys. Don't bring any big ones. Tent sites are limited in size.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 06:59 AM
Happy_Trails

YUM YUM eat them all up! Yes they are good. Like I said,use the Southwestern flavor and add some pieces of sausage or maybe bacon bits,maybe some shredded cheese,and of course the HOT sauce on a tortillas/flat bread/wrap/pita bread and you have one kick ass breakfast.

Seeing it's going to be so cold and tent space is limited,maybe it would be a good idea to share tent space. Also the body heat would warm those tents more.(none of that funny stuff) [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 11:12 AM

I have some 30" Michelin LT tires on rims you can borrow for this run if you wanna go...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode