It's $300 Either way (opinions) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

It\'s $300 Either way (opinions)

I am doing some thinking about the street manners of my Zuk. I run YJ's and missing liinks up front and my zuk has had somewhat messy road manners since. I was thinking of getting a Panhard bar from Spidertrax but my other option is to go shackle reversal. The price is about the same and I could sell the missing links after too and make some back. Any thoughts and opinions on the Sumo S/R?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: It\'s $300 Either way (opinions)

If it's the same as Fred's CSC kit, get a panhard.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Any facts/reasons to back up your "Don't buy it"?

Kit looks decent and Dave at Asian seems like a stand up guy. Have yet to hear anything bad about him or the kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 01:50 PM
Journeyman

Hi Robert -

First I would like to say that we have a customer who has been waiting anxiously for someone like you. He has the CSC shackle reverse and is HUGELY dis-satisfied and would LOVE find someone he can exchange with. This might work out for both of you. The part that really bothers me, though, is that you ordered just the minimum installation kits - no shock mounts, no shocks, no steering correction. So as opposed to purchasing a fully tuned tried-and-proven system, it seems that you have piece mealed "a little of this and a little of that" together and now you are on the BBS saying you have funky handling characteristics due to our kit. This is NOT what we want to see! But I have never heard from you directly asking ME for any advice, recommendations or suggestions on what might be improved on or what might be causing the handling quirks. We sell an average of 5 complete YJ suspension systems per week and we install MANY in-house. Many customers make a special effort to call us and say how happy they are with their suspension when they are purchased and installed as a SYSTEM - the way we intended it to be. Even the "older" finiky guys LOVE it - with the only comments being that it leans more (which we know and expect). Either way, I am happy to help you in your search for satisfactory handling if given the opportunity. It is a toll free number!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 02:05 PM
pugrocker

Rob - If I was you I would go EFI and that should fix any handling problems........oh wait, you are fuel injected
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 02:46 PM

What kind of steering setup do you have??? Hopefully you have some type of xover with that much lift. I highly recommend the Spidertrax panhard..........its a night and day difference.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 04:49 PM

i would get a panhard bar.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Hmm..

Why do I always forget the obvious... I shoulda called Brent long ago.. Dummy.

Well Lots of folks do stuff and them decide to go bigger or whatever.. I had already gone SPOA, X-over etc.. and then decided to go YJ's.. This is the way most folks do it. $300 here, $200 there etc. Guess I'll be ringing ya to see what you think before I spend any $$
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I gotta call brent he gonna help me figure out the M/L issues. I'm very happy with the construction and quality of the hardware from them and I probably got something F-ed up in my Zuk.

Ya know come ta think of it I never did replace dem stoopid shackle bushings.. thats probably my whole prob.

i'll be ordering them tomorrow..

To my defense (and Brent's) I was not trying to flame or anything, Brent spent about an hour on the phone with me when I bought his stuff going over what I had and what I needed to make his stuff work on my Zuk the way it was setup pre M/L. I did setup everything the way it was suggested to me to make it work with what I already had. I still feel the Trail Tough is a top nothch vendor and sells the best Zuk stuff out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode