Just bought a doner tracker for $200... Questions. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Just bought a doner tracker for $200... Questions.

I bought an auto 92 4x4 tracker for $200. It has a bad tranny. My question is can I swap it into my sammy with my stock 5 speed and an swap kit - ie: if the bellhousing is different or what not. I also plan to run the efi. Will the auto computer screw with my swap? Also, I have toy steering. Should I use the toy pump or can I use the tracker one with my celica box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Cap34

Re: Just bought a doner tracker for $200... Questions.

You ought to be able to replace the Tracker torque converter with your Sammy flywheel - I've never done it, but I don't know why you couldn't do it. Also, the auto ecm should be OK. It's not supposed to start unless the tranny is in N or P, but my spare ecm is from an auto and it starts and runs just fine with either ecm. Someone on this board said a little while ago that you could use an auto ecm in a stick vehicle, but not vice versa. You'll need a speed sensor for your speedometer - maybe you can get the one out of the Tracker speedo. You'll also need a high pressure fuel pump. You can get good rotary pumps at any auto parts store. The capacity is not critical, as the pressure is regulated at the throttle body. I have read that you should put larger fuel return lines in, but my ride does OK with the small Sammy lines. Good Luck.

If you ever get your ecm diagnostics working, please let me know.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Re: Just bought a doner tracker for $200... Questions.

Any ideas about the power steering?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:25 AM

Re: Just bought a doner tracker for $200... Questi

I'd suggest keeping the toyota setup for the power steering if you can. You use the Sammy flywheel/clutch/tranny with any of the vendors adapter plates.

BTW whatchoo doin with the Auto tranny/tcase fromt he Kick? I might be interested in purchase.

Here's some good EFI swap info too:
My EFI swap web page
Now with wiring diagrams!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey maybe someone here can tell me is there a difference between the srtick and automatic t-cases...ive got one includeing the tranny laying on the garage floor just waiting for tax time to come,so ican send the t-case to ott to have it shortened 8 inches and then run dual t-cases...are the auto t-cases geared lower or what...let me know.........rabidray
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

I bought the tracker for $200 because the tranny was "bad". I looked at the underside and there is fluid all over. Checked the level.. Empty. It might be ok once I put some fluid in it - just may need a gasket or something. I'm going to check it out today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode