'91 Samurai engine control problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 02:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

\'91 Samurai engine control problem

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my '91 Sam.

Sometimes the engine stops working correct an behaives like an warm carb-engine with pulled choke. Its nearly impossible to go on than. It's also hard to prevent it to turn out. If I play with the throttle control I can increase the revolutions/minute but after a short time it decreases about 1500 rpm without changing the position of the gas pedal.

What I allready did:

swapped the distributor cap
swapped the rotor in the distributor cap
swapped the ?? idle controller valve ??
swapped the temperature sensor (was wrenched)

The Suzuki-Dealer put in new plugs (?) an tested the engines compression ... "this car is o.k. there nothing wrong with it" = 130

But the problem is still there, not constantly but after a time. I think it depends on the heat.

Ahh, the "Check-Engine" -lamp is never on when I have the problem, but the lamp works. If I pull a connector to a sensor it's on.

So, I am at my wit's end ... pherhaps the injection-nozzle is on the rocks??

Has anybody any idea.

Sorry for my poor english ..
Thanks a lot and greetings from Europe

JOhannes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Cap34

Re: \'91 Samurai engine control problem

I would go through the EGR system and see that vacuum is correct at each component, and that the valve itself isn't sticking open. I would also check the MAP sensor to make sure it's putting out the right voltage. But unless you have a factory service manual, get prepared to be really, really confused. If you find the EGR valve sticking, try to clean it. A new one is very expensive and they are actually quite rugged and will take a lot of abuse. I have used carburetor cleaner a couple of times with good results. You can also dig a lot of carbon out of the passageways in the valve with a very small screwdriver or pick. If everything checks out, it could still be the ecm itself (ouch!).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:44 PM
SuziCrazy

I would try what Cap34 just said and if that doesn't work I would try loosing up the throtle cable, I seen this be the problem before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I tryed what you said. I cleand the egr-valve and you were right. There was a lot of carbon in it. The valve works fine - i think.
After that the engine worked fine for one day (80km) . The next day, the engine run for about five minutes and than I had to take another car ...

Still searching
Johannes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode