The project that is ruining my life (venting) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

The project that is ruining my life (venting)

This may be a bit depressing but man am I burned out...

The more I learn, the less I know....

I overcome the dead starter wire problem tonight by simply bypassing it, only to kill a battery trying to get the thing going... I keep turning it over and checking and turning it over again.

I may have no spark. But it is completely beyond me as to why.

All my grounds are good... I have checked and rechecked and wiggled and checked...

It's hard to check for a spark with these newer plug cables, the metel is so deep inside it can't arc to the block. I taped the trigger on my timing light so I could have free hands to hot wire. But is there no light because of my method, or how long has it been since I used this gun last? Is the bulb any good? It only dawned on me after I called it quits for the evening that the old 1.3 cable will probably fit fine on the dist cap and arc on the engine nicely (if there is an arc to be seen).

Every connector is snug.

I am led to fear that somewhere a wire or two is damaged that it is botching the whole thing.

I am tired of this quazi-second job that isn't giving back. I am almost ready to sell it, get a bicycle, and say "F- it" Why am I trying to continue to support the smog laws that caused me to break a car that never let me down?.

At first I wanted to beat the smog Nazis by getting a smog-exempt scout, but with the dumbing down of auto shops and the parts selection being replaced by lighted window wipers and bright yellow floor mats, I am afraid to try anything that reqires outside professional help anymore. I keep having to make everything myself or "special order" and it either costs too much time or too much money.

So many wires... Do you have any idea? I spent 13 hours easy soldering and changing connectors. ...and the Hanes manaul isn't worth spit. How can they even try to cover 15 years and 6 different models in one little book?

I'm tired. I hope I haven't spoiled your mood. I'm just burned out.

Maybe I should have just kept the Tracker, at least it ran...

I'm going to bed, my p*55y hurts.

Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 12:56 AM

Re: The project that is ruining my life (venting)

Dude...don't give up! It does sound like you do need a break from it for a few days though. Take a little vacation or something to clear your head...even if it's just a few hours fishing or something.

Is there anyone near Dallas that can give this poor fella with the sore p*55y [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (sorry, I couldn't help it) a hand with his spark chasing? Wish I could help more, but I will probably be in the same boat this winter...I hope.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 02:03 AM

i told you to email me if you needed any help!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i have a fuel injected sammi and know alot about it, i live in garland just let me know and i will come over. i know what you are going through and am positive we can figure it out. just pm me or look at my profile and send me an email. hope to hear from you soon!!!!!!!!

P.S. where in dallas are you? I'm garland rd. and 635 area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Can't Get Enough

Hang in there Jimmy!!! I just faxed over what I think will assist... check your yahoo email to get the other details.
There's an old saying, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"... Dude, by the time you complete this, it'll be like the David & Goliath story...

remember that David went on to RULE [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

billybob_CA
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jim hang in there, take a break and don't let the problem drive you. Take it on after a few days break. Or at least a full nights sleep. Sh1t looks more positive in the morning usually. I had a simmilar problem with my ignition, all my grounds were good, but my coil would get really hot, turned out all the stuffinside had broken up and the two coils were just jumping inside the coil or some crap, I replace it along with my disty, wires etc. It was one of those things cause it runs great now, and If I have any other problems I'll at least know it's not my ignition. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

It's a new day!!! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the encouragement. I was really frustrated and should have stepped out of the garage a lot sooner.

But I am sooo close!

I should have secured an alternate vehicle (that runs) before I tore into this one. Bumming rides sucks and my loving, patient wife is wearing thin now that it has rained for almost two solid weeks and she gets soaked almost every day.

But I'm back on top! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Mike,

I do appreciate your offer and I probably will have you in my garage soon...

I'm just hell bent on "doing it myself"... though, that it is hardly the case, considering the great support I've gotten here (and a freind already helped with the body lift).

I would have never ventured towards this without so many great people around (the net truly is a wonderful thing).

This challenge is seeing to it that I'm getting more humble every day... [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Hi BillyBob!

Thank you for your help. I had a paper jam but no matter, you have pointed me towards something I must have... Thanks.

I'm much better today, I almost wanted to delete my post, but I think it will serve to show others that, burn out is normal... and temporary.

Back to the garage I go! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 09:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Make sure you are getting spark at the coil. When I got my Sami I wasn't and hot to hotwire a 12V lead to the coil until I discovered the bad terminal in the wiring harness.

Use a long screwdriver stuck in the wires to get spark to block (or use your finger..you'll definitely know if you have spark [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 12:44 AM

just give me the word and i'm over! keep me informed on how it's coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode