Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   Spring Swap Done! (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/140552-spring-swap-done.html)

Mort-Man 10-21-2002 01:11 PM

Spring Swap Done!

1 Attachment(s)
Well my son & I finished the National spring under swap the other day, along with RRO Bonz shackles all the way around, and Jim Shrakes rear bumper & "Shrock Bars". We both agree my little SuKuZi looks great! I've already "ordered" a front bumper from Jim and cant wait to get it. Other things we did:

<ul type="square">[*]Dt 3000"s all around
[*]Installed a "z" bar - funny my steering wheel is 180 degrees out now, is this normal?
[*]New 2" backspaced Bart Steel wheels with 31's
[*]A set of seats - don't know what they're out of, just bolted them to the floor!
[*]Installed a roll bar - my SJ410 didn't come with one!
[*]Installed the new top: Bikini, Windjammer, &amp; Duster.[/list]
Now we need to make it run! I think I've got a carb problem (it sat for 3 years) so we need to pull it &amp; try to clean it up. It started, but only ran until the starting fluid ran out! [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh by the way the stock shackle and spring bolts all came out with hardly any effort at all. I guess we got lucky there! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Here's a few pics [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Mort-Man 10-21-2002 01:13 PM

Re: Spring Swap Done!

1 Attachment(s)
One more:

pugrocker 10-21-2002 01:41 PM

Looks really good [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I have 3" nationals and 2" shackles too and have been very happy with the ride and performance.....

CorvetteChris 10-21-2002 02:13 PM

Well, on the steering wheel, the z-bar is adjustable. Just loosen it and put it back on a few times until it lines up the steering wheel close to where it should be.

rapax_1 10-21-2002 03:37 PM

great looking rig!

Johnny C

zooky 10-21-2002 04:06 PM

just take off the steering wheel and put it on the right way

NCOffroad 10-21-2002 06:00 PM

You need to center the steering wheel by adjusting the tie rod end in or out as appropriate. Just removing the wheel and putting it back on will likely leave you with a 1/2 turn loss of steering radius to one side or the other. Clean looking truck, gotta love that grille!

TGT - NCO

Brown29 10-21-2002 10:49 PM

Good looking 410, Mortman.