Squeaking...Creaking....Cracking.. .Type noise? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Squeaking...Creaking....Cracking.. .Type noise?

Ok, now that its snowed I've noticed that in the mornings or after leaving my Samurai sit for a few hours, when I plop my but in the seat theres a big cracking noise. Now don't tell me to go on a diet [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Im not havy. I'm thinking something like the leaf springs are freezing together or something similar.
Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 02:23 PM

Re: Squeaking...Creaking....Cracking.. .Type noise?

It could be your leafs sticking together or like mine the shocks freeze because there's a bit of water in them(I drove through a lake).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 03:06 PM

Re: Squeaking...Creaking....Cracking.. .Type noise?

Oh yeah, the frozen spring cracking. You ought to hear my F350 make noise in the morning at 20 below when those damn big old springs break free! 16 years ago when I first moved to Ohio, we had a nor'easter blow the lake into downtown, and I drove my CJ7 through it up to the TOP of the headlights! It sat overnight in the parking lot at the condo, and it didn't move again for a week! It was frozen solid, starter, springs, drive shafts, fan belts, you name it. Even the rims were frozen to the axle housings. I'll never do that again. I was lucky it was in 4wd, as it was so deep, the rear end was floating free of the pavement. Had to keep it floored in 1st gear/low range to keep it running. I saw a p'up going through it and thought no big deal until I was in it and looked up and saw it was a ford high boy with what looked like 35s on it coming out of it, and I am in a stock CJ7 with 235's. Oh I had to change my pants!

TGT - NCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode