Carb rebuild.... any suggestions!? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Carb rebuild.... any suggestions!?

I tried to get my newly aquired Sammie to run good after my tuneup, but it isn't going to happen. My ERG valve is shot and it won't start hardly at all. NAPA doesn't carry them so I need to get one from a dealer tommorrow. I have to floor it and crank the starter forever before it catches, sputters and dies. I knew when I bought it the carb needed attention, but I can't hold off any longer. It backfired enough to spit gas in the air intake and catch the filter on fire. There was gas seeping out of the carb everywhere!!

So, I'm about to go tear it down and rebuild it. I've never seen one with so many parts!! Any helpful suggestions? I know the label everything and keep clean stuff but any thing specific to this pile of parts?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:27 PM

Re: Carb rebuild.... any suggestions!?

Now maybe a good time to ditch the stock carb and go with a Weber.....Can get the whole kit on Ebay for $300

I bought a new Weber for mine,but havent had the time to get it on yet....If I had it on I would have a good stock carb (and EGR valve,dont need it with a Weber)I could give ya a deal on...I have another stock carb here,but I think it needs a new accelorator pump in it....would idle fine but would die when I got on the gas.You are welcome to have it if you would pay shipping.

I bought the stock carb I have on it now for $45 from someone.....and it runs like a charm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:41 PM

I wouldn't try to rebuild it. Just find one on this board. Someone is bound to have a decent running stock carb for sale and quite possibly a good egr valve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:09 PM

Your best bet is to get ahold of Tazuki or DannyL on this board and buy a Pony carb from them or purchase a new Weber. The Weber is the better of the two by a long shot because you will actually get a performance boost with it but my understanding with them is that they are somewhat difficult to set up correctly. A guy that goes by the name of Sarge on this board can fix you up with a Weber and all the intructions that you need. You ought to be able to get going with a Weber if you spend in the neighborhood of $300. Tazuki sells a complete Pony with everything you need for about $100. The Pony is a lot cheaper and simpler to set up but there is no performance upgrade to speak of. The pony is the way I chose to go as well as a lot of other guys on a budget.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Right on....
Sarge
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:24 PM
pugrocker

........go fuel injection - my $.02 [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I Emailed you!!!

I've found the stock carb extremely reliable!

Read my Email to you...and Good Luck

Slider
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:59 PM
tintop

I just got a PONY from Tazuki last week, put it on and no more problems. The rebuild kit for a stock carb is in the $100 range where I am, so I decided to go with a PONY for the few extra $$. Can't compare performance, as I never drove my Zuk with a stocker.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:57 PM

Id also (and did [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])go pony.From what Ive seen with stock,and heard others say as well is they either run right or dont.I tried rebuilding the stock when I had it with no difference.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Enthusiast

I personally like the Weber. I don't believe they are that hard to set up. Just spend some time reading and getting familiar with it. It is a marvelous piece of machinery.

Good luck,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode