dohc 2 liter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

dohc 2 liter

Has anybody installed a dual overhead cam 2 liter engine from late model Tracker/Vitara in a Samurai?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 05:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: dohc 2 liter

I was thinking about it before I found the 2.7, I did the numbers on it and it will fit quite nicely.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 01:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeh mnrarron (SP?)fom this board has and it runs like a bandit. But not the easiest swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 05:05 PM

I proposed this a few months ago. I decided to go with a late model 1.6 due to all of the negative feedback I received.

I will tell you this:

If I had to do it all over again I would have went for the 2.0.

It can't be that much harder. (see my latest post / about to be posted...)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 05:31 PM
ronin

I think the hardest part of this swap would be just dealing with the ODB II stuff and maybe the transmission mount. Other than that, it doesn't sound much different than a 1.6L swap. There is an install article covering a 2.0L into a samurai on iZook:

http://www.izook.com/rides/features/...tim_shaver.htm
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well here is you another problem...your radiator necks are on the wrong side, and the 2.0 radiator is too big for the sammy. The auto tranny does take some finesing to get in, and you will need a way to clear the axle with the oil pan, and oh yeah custom everytihng else also, exhaust, cat, mounts, electric fan, and 1/4" between the radiator and the pulleys, now thats a tight fit. Lets not forget the electrical either...but if you get with rich he can guide you right...and he figured out the electrical...trick part is the speed snesor is not on the dash on the 2.0 its in hte tranny. It can be done and should by more people just realize it is not cheap.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 04:49 PM

Farther,
I have the 2.0 with 4spd automatic in my Sami. Like Sachmo88 said, it is definatly doable, it's just that everything is custom. Custom motor mounts, trans mount, tcase mounts, cross member, radiator, cut and modify the trans tunnel, longer front dshaft, shorter rear dshaft, 40 - 60 hrs in rewiring, the list goes on forever. The only clearance issue I have is between the elec fan and the engine pullies, there is only 1/2 inch between them. I did have to move the tcase back 2-2.5 inches. Email me at [email protected] and I'll answer any ? you have. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 925640-Sami engine small.jpg (69.7 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode