rear up front questions? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 12:58 PM
pugrocker

rear up front questions?

Lots of questions..........

In SPOA setup - will a rear up front setup sit higher in the front than the back?

If so by how much?

Can I add the one extra leaf from the stock front springs to the rear spring pack to even it out?

What will be the max tire size? (I will be using a 2" shackle - 1" over stock both front and rear)

I am pretty confident that everyone will suggest the cj springs with the rears up front - but that isn't an option for me at this point.....and from the search I did on the bbs, alot of people seem to wrap those springs quickly and I will not have a trac bar for quite some time.......

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: rear up front questions?

pug, I have been doing a lot of searching and asking on all this but in SPUA. Seems that if you play with leaves and shackle sizes you can level eveything out. I believe that straight rears upfront give about 1/2-1 " lift depending on how good your springs are. I was thinking of doing rears upfront with the SR, CJ fronts in rear with M/L's in the rear and people tell me it should be clse to level with the 2" M/L. Someone correct me if this is all wrong. Jim
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Pug, I would add the 2 leaves from a front pack to the rears....

I'm pretty sure the rears up front will leave you a bit nose high, similar to my suspension, but in a SPOA.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 05:54 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i did the rear ups front with stocker rears in the back. on mine the truck was level and that was with the useing the bottom leaf off the front spring onto the rears i was running up front. i have since switched to cj in the rear due to the fact that the stock rears wrapped and bent the passenger side. also i run 5.5 perches, 1 3/4" lift shackles and have always ran 33" tyres.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Typically, putting rear springs up fornt will give about .75" extra height on the front end, this would be in SPUA form.

For SPOA though, the overload leaf in the back adds close to .5" of lift that the front never sees. In this way, moving the rears up front makes the vehicle sit pretty close to level. If the springs are all in equal condition, you'll likely notice no visible difference in lift height front to rear.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Addict

I just finished my rear up front swap this last weekend.
Now the front is 1" higher than the back.
And im only using the stock pac , without the over load .
The one thing i think i screwed up on was getting the wrong shocks.
I orderd the " doutch Tec" and i think there to stiff.
When i was done with the swap and no shock were on it it was very soft, now it's kinda stiff.....Hope they soften up soon!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:04 AM

Which doestech shocks did you get? The DT 8000 are a little stiff but have built in bump stops. The DT 3000 I run are softer, but no bump stops.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:18 AM
pugrocker

moozuki - I looked at your site and saw that you are running samurai rears up front with a 2" shackle - did you need caster shims to keep the caster correct? If so how many degrees?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:35 AM

I had to use 3* shims. I didn't use any kit or redrill anything so the longer shackles were needed to get the springs in there, I also wanted to move my axle forward 1 inch [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] In all I got another 1.5 inches of lift and my tires never rub on anything now [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I probably have enough room to run 33's if I wanted to.

I really need to update my site too, LOL!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:40 AM
pugrocker

I am trying to decide between 32s and 31s but I will run a standard rear spring pack up front with 2" shackles and (in the rear) the standard rear pack with two leaves from the front added with 2" shackles......you think I will have enough clearance for 32x11.5 on 15x7s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode