whats a good size for a garage? - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 08:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: whats a good size for a garage?

Build it as large as you can afford. My 2-1/2 car garage is WAY too small. A pole barn is the most economical solution. Here's something to think about. If you're younger, and have kids that aren't driving yet, think about the fact that some day they will, and may want to wrench on their toys too. We're a 3 person family, with 5 vehicles, plus trailer, etc. Go BIG, and you still won't have enough space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:06 PM
Way Outta Control

Get creative!

A friend of mine got a whole new house for his wife
- it's beautiful, pool, sauna, big garage, 4 bedrooms etc.

So I tried to get just a garage for mine. All they'd trade
me for her was an old wooden shed, even had to pay extra for
the termites.
But it was a good deal anyway.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 08:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My dad built the ultimate "garage" so that he would have a place to play when he retired. It is a 70 x 70 that looks like an old barn. It is 30 x 70 down the middle with 14 10' x 20' bays (7 down each side). One of the bays is going to be turned into an honest to goodness spray booth!!!!

He has had it 3 years and it all ready has too much stuff in it. (a lot is my stuff)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
here is the story i got from my buddy. he call PDQ and stated to them the size he wanted. 50 x 60 is what he wanted. they told him that the had installed a 60 x 70 in his area on a farm, and that the farm had been sold. and since the farmer only had about $1000 still owing on it that they would sell it to him for $2000 installed, and he would have to get the concrete him self. no porblem he and his brother run a concrete company. so he had some plan faxed to him at his office. then laid out the foot for the beams and drains. call me to help him put up a barn, and come to find out it was bigger than i thought. this thing has an office on the first floor with a second floor only covering half of the garage. hope this can be helpful, but maybe you can check out a traden paper. hey it sound corny but they sell some weird scat in there. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #25 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 10:56 PM

Charles, I would go with the pole barn approach . It is easily expandable. Side it with metal siding. when you decide you need more room, two more poles a few sheets of roofing tin, a little concrete and bang a bigger garage. plus you can spread the cost put better. put up the poles and rafters and roof. then pour the slab later, then enclose it after that. both my Grandfather and Paw in law have pole barns. Granddad has a 4 stall with side entry 24 ft deep with one stall enclosed for a workshop. paw in law has same configuration but laid out to enter from the end. he added the extra 20 ft after the orignal part was built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode