Who bought the ONLY HERE SUZUKI SAMURAI...on Ebay? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Who bought the ONLY HERE SUZUKI SAMURAI...on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1869630744
?!!?!?!??!?!
Is that the vacuume advance m/m hose connector?
[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Who bought the ONLY HERE SUZUKI SAMURAI...on Ebay?

I checked out an auction making similar claims. It turned out that the "Kit" comprised of a quarter-watt resistor that was placed in series to the wiring of one of the engine sensors. The added resistance in the sensor circuit "tricked" the ECM into providing spark advance or some other "performance improving-like" change in engine operation.

Needless to say, it isn't a sophisticated way to get better performance and probably is not good for your engine in the long run.

Sorta like the electric turbochargers... If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:05 PM

Read this guy's or anyone else selling things thing feedback. All it is a resistor in series with a sensor that totally screws up the efficiency of your engine management system and in the long run, can damage the engine [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

"a few resistors for 6 bucks? come on?screws up your fuel ration, gunks engine up "

"FAST SHIPPING ALTHOUGH DID NOT SAY THAT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WOULD COME ON "

"Thx I couldn't get it to work, my car didn't like it in, going to try again Thx"

" Item was not what I expected/////I guess I should have asked more questions! "

"Fast shipment, but the mod is very very simple and truly does nothing"

"quick shipping, however product does not work as claimed"

[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 05:35 AM
Can't Get Enough

Like Ack said >>>It turned out that the "Kit" comprised of a quarter-watt resistor that was placed in series to the wiring of one of the engine sensors. The added resistance in the sensor circuit "tricked" the ECM into providing spark advance or someother "performance improving-like" change in engine operation.<<<
I bought one of them - there were no bidders and it was buy one, get one free. So I got two of them. If you want to try it out, send me a couple bucks (which is what I ended up paying for it) and I'll mail you the extra one. I haven't tried it out yet. Instructions say "for off-road use only" - the ad didn't mention that. I'm figuring that it wouldn't be good for daily driving, but would be a plus on the trail.
It is a simple resister that plugs into the air-intake sensor to lie to the ecm that it's getting cold air, so the timing slightly advances, thus more power. I doubt it's the extra 20 hp they claim, but it may provide a slight edge,???
(email me if you want to try it...[email protected])
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode