body lift for sj-410 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

body lift for sj-410

ive never done a body lift on any thing...i am just in the begining stages of puting an sj-410 on a sammy frame ...i just got the sammy body loose today it sets about 4 inches above the frame...all of the inner body mounts are like 2.5-3.0 inch studs the front and rear were just bolts...ive found a 3 inch body lift @ the calmini sight but its showing what looks like 6 inch or so long bolts?
now if 8 out 10 body mounts are studs that are firmly attatched to the frame what are all the bolts for....has any one used this or some other kit, because i am at a loss to uderstand how this works....and im gonna have to have the lift because the 1.6 8v motor is way taller than the 1.0 and the 1.3...the 410 hood is about 2 inchs lower than the 413 hood...and the tranny tunnel is narower...so ill have to have it...so for those of you who have done this already, could you please give me the low down on this mod........ rabidray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 01:42 AM

Re: body lift for sj-410

i bought it and i was not happy with it. first its way to expensive for just the bolts and the metall pices...
and mounting was a pain. also i didnt like the steering-angle.

then i got 2" body-lift blocks out of a jeep-kit. i drilled out the stock weld-in bolts and bought cheap standard-bolts. drilling out the 6 bolts was a-lot of work but i think it is the cheapest solution and you can do any hight you want.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 05:27 AM

Our 1" and 2" kits have 6 blocks with a threaded sleeve/wahser assembly that screws onto six of the existing studs, and then uses two blocks in the front and two in the back that use longer metric bolts and reuses the factory nut/washer. Hope this helps.

TGT - NCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:56 AM
Can't Get Enough

Hopefully you can get input from some of the guys who have actually swapped an 8v 1.6 before you order a body lift. I THINK there's a possibility that if you use the Samurai hood you may be able to flip the stock Samurai body mounts and get enough clearance for the 8v. I know I have heard from others that just removed or massaged some of the supports on the under side of the hood to get enough clearance with NO body lift. Flipping the body mounts should get you a half an inch or so.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Apprentice

A while back I bought my first Suzuki, a SJ410. The motor was shot so I thought that as long as it looked like a Samurai why not just drop in a Samurai motor. I then went out to a salvage yard and bought a motor , then I discovered that the trans was different, bought a rebuilt trans. Comparing the two motors I noticed that the motor mounts were different. Back to the salvage yard, Had the mounts cut off a Samurai. Used a die grinder to cut off the 410 mounts and then welded the Samurai mounts in. The Samurai motor went in just like a Samurai, I even used the 410 radiator as it was brand new. I think I may have had to use the Samurai drive shaft, this was 4 years ago and I do not remember all 100%, but it all was quite easy after it was all finished. I did not use a lift kit and after it was finished it passed California smog easily. The only thing I had a difficult time with was the gearing, 5th gear on the freeway and the motor was wound tight at 70, but it went like hell and would climb anything . Hope this helps.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 07:03 PM

You did use the sami DS, the 410 4 speed has an orphan output yoke that wont fit the sami 5 speed.

Gearing would be good for bigger tires. 32's would get the overall gearing about sami stock, with
the 410 driveline gears.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 09:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

no i wanna swap in a 413 frame and the just do all the mormal sammy stuff,spoa,1.6,t-case gears,ect,ect,ect........its just why fab motor and tranny and t-case mounts and then have axels i cant do anthing with because there aint no after market support for em...ill just build another sammy that looks like a 410 tin top....and it looks like my search for a new body for my scoutII is over but i probably wont do anything with it until spring...rabidray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode