Need Moter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Need Moter

HAy any one got a good moter in the centrel or western ohio area? Mine has a knock in it and would like to replace it with one that dosen't need any work. Then in the near future I will take my old one and do a re build~ build UP on my old one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 07:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need Moter

hi larry
do your self a favor and go with a 1.6 8 valve tracker motor....you will have to get an adapter plate to connect the 1.6 to the 1.3 tranny,or if you can find a 2 wheel drive tracker or side kick,just use the tranny too there stronger than the samurai tranny and easier to find...but this mod will be well worth the effort...plus you can use the samurai intake carb and dist and dist houseing off the 1.3and still pass the smog test...it a night and day difference between the two...if you can buy a track/kick completeit doesnt matter if its rusty or wrecked,because there are other goodies you will be interested in down the road like efi for one the third members from the axels
the automatics have 4.62 gears and the stick shifts have 5.12 gears....ive run both gears and can tell you that if you drive yours evryday you will want the 4.62,s and 31 or 32 inch tyres....what this means is you back to what appears to be stock gearing to the engine so you will be able to run 70-80 mph and keep up with traffic and have the added ground clearance the large tyres give you...the best of both worlds.....do this and we can talk some more..
rabidray
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 10:50 PM

Larry I am in Fl but I got this good 87 engine complete with a/c for 250 if your intersted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 05:08 PM
nitro92v

Larry, I have a 8 valve 1.6, I'll let go. I live in north central Indiana.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 05:12 PM
graydiger

I'm looking for a good used motor also, Prefer one in the northwest so I can pick it up!

Thanks,
Don
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 05:22 PM

SIgh as I return this engine is darn good I just need to get it outta my yard...250 bucks man come on lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 06:35 PM
graydiger

Man if you lived closer I'd have to buy it but Florida to Washington state would kill me in shipping.......
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you posted a reply a will back on motor and stuff...just wanted to now i thought trackers and sidekick had ifs...you was saying to use the third members..
thanks alot josh
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 07:17 AM

Hi all ,
I will have 2 motors next week . 1 with 56k original and 1 with 100k that runs good . Let me know if interested .
Will
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 08:22 AM

Ditto. Sure wish one of you guys with a 1.6 8v lived in the Mountain time zone! Mine runs great but the water jacket crack is nearly 3" long and the JB Weld may have slowed the leak but didn't close it up tight.

Sooner or later its gonna split out and I'll be stuck. Just missed a aprt out Tracker in Las Vegas off EBay but it jumped to $500 and got above my budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode