got my front cj's not time to install ?'s . - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

got my front cj\'s not time to install ?\'s .

howdy,
i got my cj's front springs on tuesday. since then i have reped and painted them. now on tuesday i will be giving tim a call to get his kit and bushen. don't worry tons of pics to come and install notes. the cj's are four leafs and military wraped. now for the ?'s. ok do i need to add any leafs off my stock rear springs to them? oh and by the way, do i need to pull the bottom leaf off my stock front spring to put on my stock rear that i am already have install on my front axle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Veteran

Re: got my front cj\'s not time to install ?\'s .

My CJ springs were four leafs, but were not military wrapped. I'm not sure if there's a difference in the firmness or the amount of lift. Samurai spring bushings will not fit CJ spring eyes, so you will also need new bushings if yours are shot. As for the rears-up-front -- I started out with five leaves (three rears and two fronts), but the result was much too stiff. I've removed a leaf and now have four-leaf packs all the way around. I don't know how well they will hold up to wheeling, but they are MUCH more comfortable than either the stock springs or the lifted springs I used to run. HTH
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 06:20 AM

Jim,

You want to run the three leafs from the rear (minus the overload) and the bottom shortest leaf from the front pack giving you a four leaf pack. As I have mentioned before, make sure you limit the front spring up travel to around 3" - 4" MAX. If you don't, you will kink the front spring over the edge of the spring perch very quickly. You should also limit the rear up travel as well. I would start at 4" in the rear and see how it looks when flexed and adjust as needed.

HTH,

TGT - NCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 07:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

FYI - I would recommend the bottom TWO leaves from the front packs replace the overload leaf in the rear packs. It doesn't harm flex at all and will help them last longer. Besides, the 2 bottom leaves equal the thickness of the overload.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode