Off Roading Forums banner

water pumps

271 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
yesterday I noticed something on my lil 1.6 block...its leakin water a lil badly I cracked the hood and looked at the hoses...they were fine then I look on the block and right at the water pump it looks like its leakin it pretty bad worse while it runs...sound right? can I swap my 1.3 water pump in it or do I have to buy another one?

#3 ·
Whereas, the 1.3 pump will fit, and probably run ok, it isn't as strong a pump at the 1.6 pump is. So, it may work ok, but then again, it may not be able to keep up and you'll be overheating. Heck, I'd try it tho... if it works, (after a few weeks of testing), let us know. It may not be as big an issue as it sounds.
(incidently, the alternator is the same issue. The 1.3 will work on the 1.6, but doesn't put out as many amps as the stock 1.6 alternator. guess it depends on how much electrical junk you got hanging off yer rig).
Good luck...

G
#4 ·
hello all
while they look the same and are the same casting if you put them side by side you will see a difference in the bolt pattern i know this suxs but thats how suzuki wanted to play the game...............
rabidray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.