0-60 in 6...mins - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 11:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

0-60 in 6...mins

I was reading a post about MPG, and saw that people actually get their sammi's going over 70mph. I can get my stock tintop to 70 but it sounds like it is going to blow up. I usually cruise the highway at a blistering 60mph because the engine sounds happier. I know i need to rebuild the carb, would this help my maximum speed and cruising speed issues? Could i go faster? I bought this truck becasue i camp, and I won't drive to the mountains in it because it takes too long. That kinda defeats the purpose. my engine has 120,000 miles, so another reason might be compresion. any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Veteran

Re: 0-60 in 6...mins

Don't expect to get 70 mph out of your stock 1.3 Samurai unless it is on Flat ground with no headwind. You can go faster down hill or with a tail wind.
Going up hill, plan on your rig slowing down significantly.
These wonderful little machines are ment to be driven at slower speeds. Hook a wheel on the edge of a road and pull it back on at high speed and-------Hope there is no oncoming traffic when you start rolling. This was the major reason that the USA stopped importation of these great little Off Road Rigs. (hummmmm..... Bet I get Blasted on this one.)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Understand that these little engines are some high revving babies. My 1.6 red-lines at 6500 RPM - I can't IMAGINE what that sounds like, but it sees 5,500 every time I'm getting onto the highway, and it has no problem at all, running 4,000 RPM all day long. There's a company in Boulder, Colorado (Raven RotorCraft) that's making superchargers for the 1.0 L engine (from the ?J410 - Samurai predecessor), and DESIGNING them to run at 5,500 to 5,700 RPM - here's ther spec page: http://www.raven-rotor.com/html/specs.html

They don't have the supercharger for the 1.6 YET, but you can bet I'll be in line for one, when they do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:08 PM

actually, if you scroll down the page, there's a 1600 SV engien - 1.6 liter, MPFI @ 6 lbs boost = 110 hp.

chris
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:37 AM

I don't think they are for the SJ410 1.0 liter engine. It was / is designated the F-10A, and is a 970cc engine, not a 993cc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode