question installin z link - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

question installin z link

lol alright I stripped the bolt on the axle side of the z link set up no prob re threaded it then really late but I was just piddlin I noticed on the other side that the fitted bolt in there wants to move when I go to tighten it...should I just push it up in there tight since its pressed and hope it screws on? hhah its the lil things that get me here...oh and could I take sidekick brake hoses and couple them with sammies lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 08:15 PM
Kale

Re: question installin z link

sell it and buy a cross over steering set up
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 08:17 PM

i had that same problem with my z link I had to use a bottle jack to put up preasure on it to get that nut on without the studded part turning. dont know on the brake line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

sorry I dont have 300 to throw around on steering...ya I think if I press it in there tight enough it will not turn
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Kale

i am not sure abour your particular situation, but i know i had a bunch of trouble with mine too. Even after gettin it on it still gave a vague feel on the road. I have since swapped to breeze crossover steering and couldn't be happier. Sorry about the smarta$$ comment, i meant it to come out more nicely.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 08:43 AM

Rocky Road has a stage 1 crossover setup for $189. Basically what it does is to move the drag link on top and leaves the tie rod in the stock position. I just got one, havn't installed it yet, but it looks like a fairly simple setup; and all the ends have grease zerks.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:23 AM

most of us havent seen any real clear pix of it and I wont buy a steering setup that i dont know how it mounted i have seen the breeze one it has the most mounting of any i have seen it conects to the brake mount and the king pin mount trail toughs mounts to the brake mount i was a little sceptical of it at first but upon closer inspection it is a rather beefy unit and the brake mount would probably brake off way before it would even geof hasnt been able to do that and then there is glens that no one except those who have bought it know how it mounts because glen doesnt want someone to rip off his design and some of us are still waiting maybe he needs to find some one who is realy good at tearing stuff up to test it for him geoff already has crossover steering but it doesnt move all the steering over the nuckles i think if he cant break somthing then it must be pretty durable
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Kale...no worries man jack idea worked thanks..its a pretty lil Z I made I will post pics when I get them developed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode