Sammy still won't Idle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 02:41 AM
HAGGLUNDBV206

Sammy still won\'t Idle

I am still having trouble getting the samurai to idle when cold. I have tried everything I could think of, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, o2 sensor. I thought it was the carb so I tried 2 others I had laying around with the same result. Thought it was a bad ground, so I ran new ground wires all over the motor. Nothing changes. I have swapped in 2 other computers in with no diff. It only happens when it is cold out and after sitting for awhile, like over night. It is getting colder here and I am wondering how she will run when the temp drops to the negatives. Once the motor is warmed up it will run good, it's just when I start it in the morning that it just wants to die. The high idle circuit is not working and I don't know if that's related, but turning the idle up didn't help. Sorry for the long post, I am really needing to figure this out before it gets to cold out. The Samurai is my daily driver most of the time. thanks for any help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 05:24 AM
Veteran

Re: Sammy still won\'t Idle

Is it a high-mileage engine? The compression may be so low when it's cold that it won't idle properly. Have you taken off the air horn and looked at the choke butterfly to see if it's closing when the motor's cold?
One more thing -- there's a way to rig up a manual fast-idle switch on your dashboard. Works good for warming up a cold motor and for other things like winching and rock crawling. You can set the fast-idle speed to whatever you want. I did it on my Zuk and I love it. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the how-to article. HTH
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 08:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm all ears on the fast idle thing!!
Where, what, pics???

Also...I tried a couple carbs and computers too.

Have you rebuilt one of those carbs at all?...Rebuild one with the Echlin kit from NAPA. $44.00 and a world of difference!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Are the fast ilde ups avail for the weber 32/36 carbs?
I've got ac..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Veteran

I found this info on the 'net somewhere. It was originally published in The Katana magazine in 1999. I cleaned it up a little (translated it from Japlish) and here you are! (See attachment).
Attached Files
File Type: txt 911331-fastRPM.txt (3.8 KB, 36 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode