What Kinda Exhaust does everyone run? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 04:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Kinda Exhaust does everyone run?

I was just wondering, cause all the baffling in my Muffler (cheap 2" POS) is loose nad it sounds like there's a bunch of beer cans rattling around. So I think it's time for a new exhaust from my header back. I was thinking of running a 2 chamber Flowmaster 40 series, but they only make it in 2 1/4" up. There's the 60 series made for imports, does anybody use these? Anybody run 2 1/4, I'm open to anything but glasspacks, and I don't want to sound like a fricken rice-rocket. I know this has been covered a little bit on several different posts, but I just wanna hear what yall have done for exhaust, what you like what you don't like about your setup, and what Cat you use too please. What about Borla. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 04:48 PM

Re: What Kinda Exhaust does everyone run?

I personally prefer the Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with 2" pipe. Mufflers are $40 and the new cat-back pipe is typically about $75 att he muffler shops. They are very quiet until you really get in the higher RPM's. I run a 2 1/4 on mine w/ the Dynomax muffler and no CAT, but it is a 1.6 16 valve which can run the larger pipe. Do not use 2 1/4 pipe since will not give a 1.3 enough backpressure.

Sean DeVinney
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 04:53 PM

I am running stock exhaust manifolds into 2" pipe into a 2" Dynomax muffler and no cat. It works good but the engine could probably use a little more back pressure. I was told that I could get away with 2" due the fact that I am not using a header. I can't complain about a lack of power with this set-up, the old Hardtop moves at about 115-120 km/hr on the highway at 4000 RPM, flies through mud pretty good too. My 87 ragtop came with a header already installed so I think I'm going to neck it down to 1.75" and try to find a decent muffler that flows well, that should provide enough back pressure to make the little 1.3 perform well and allow me to move down the highway at slightly above legal speeds LOL.
[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 05:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys, what would you compare the Dynomax mufflers too as far as sound is concerned. I love the sound of Flows on anything. Is it a throaty sounding muffler? I'm prolly gonna go with 2" again just cause thats whats on it now and I'm happy with it, it's just rusted to pieces and the crappy restrictive muffler is broken. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

btt
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm running a 2" exaust from the manafold back. I cut the cati converter off ( although I kind of wish I hadn't now) and that run's into a Flomaster. I love the sound of it. I don't have the "import" sound, and most people think I have a bigger motor than the 1.3...lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:34 PM
Old Hand

I was running a thorley tri Y header into the cat then 2 inch dual cherry bombs that angles off to the sides and exited under the doors almost by the wheel wells.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 07:36 PM

zuku how does that sound man lol?
I have a cherry bomb turbo 2" muffler and exhaust...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i run a dt header with a catco cat and a hardcore 4x4 muffler. i love the hardcore 4x4 muffler because it does not make to much noise and pretty much stays quiet.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:05 PM

The system I'm running doesn't quite have the same throaty sound that a Flowmaster gives you but doesn't quite have that annoying "Rice Rocket Honda" sound either, except maybe at higher revs. Real nice, slightly deeper sound than stock most of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode