Swampers 10.5 or 12.5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Swampers 10.5 or 12.5

I am finally ready to buy my 33's. 4wheelparts will ship me four 2.5 backspaced rockcrawler wheels with 10.5 TSL radials for $810. Is there anybody out there useing 10.5's. I know most people run 12.5's but Im wheeling in the woods following fourwheeler trails and I could use the narrow tires. Another question is will the 2.5 backspacing be enough to prevent the tires from rubbing on my springs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 09:46 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: Swampers 10.5 or 12.5

Oh baby do I have some info for you.

First, the TSL radials do not measure the same as the bias Swampers. Here is a pic proving this, the bias tires are a little over an inch taller than the radials, which measure to 32", not 33". The bias tires actually measure 33.5" though, so they are not a true 33" tire either. Also note the sucky tread pattern on the radials. Both the radials and bias tires in the pic are about 1/2 worn. I have a ton of other pics as well, if you are interested, just ask. I have a set of the 33" raidials now, but only use them in the winter. They are perfect as my chains are mounted on them, the smaller size is just right so they don't take out the fenders on the Jeep.

If I were you I would consider the LTB as they're known now. A few friends are running them on their Jeeps, with great success. They are 34x10.5, but run a little small, so they are actually a 33x10.5 tire, still bias ply, but not as heavy as the 33x12.5 tires. I highly recommend them.

Somewhere around I have some pics of Yankee Tim running around at Zookin' Y2K with my 33x12.5 Swampers on his Zuk. He ran the course with no air (0 psi) in them, and you couldn't tell. Unless you have a heavy Zuk, they'll be a waste of time. I even ran one of them flat on my Jeep and didn't know it until I put the pressure gauge to it. In fact, the passenger's front tire on the bottom pic below is flat, you can see the bulge. The rest of the tires have up to 4 psi in them, as that's the pressure I run on the Jeep, and some of them have leaked a little due to bent rims. I put them on the Zuk because I wanted to try them out in the snow (to see how they compared to the thinner tires). I moved a few items around the yard, went romping through the back 40, and could tell it was taking a huge toll on the Zuk's clutch, like night and day compared to the 32x9.5 Swampers I run all the time. The 33's weren't nearly as good in the snow as the 32's.

Here is my Zuk with my 33's on it. As you can see, I have no room to actually wheel them (but it looks good), and I am running 5" suspension lift and 2" body lift, with cut out fenders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode