HOLY !!!!!!!!!!!! My 16 valve is done!!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

HOLY $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!! My 16 valve is done!!!!!!!!

If you have never driven a 16 valve Zuk, you are missing out! I cannot believe the difference! I was expecting a fair bit of improvement, but I am amazed! It just keeps pulling, and mud is so much funner with horsepower! No bogging, just instant mud flinging at will! Grass is uprooted and thrown at 1 stab of the throttle. Some people told me that a header and a Weber would be all I need, I am SO glad I went this route. It cost me a little more than a Weber and a header, so anyone can afford it. I bought a totalled 95 Tracker for $900. Parted it out on Ebay for $1100. Spent about $600 to get it in and running (harness, fuel pump, and adapter kit). Thats $500.00 out of pocket. I HIGHLY recommend this to any one thinking about doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 10:22 PM

Re: HOLY $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!! My 16 valve is done!!!!!!!!

Yup, hell of an improvement, huh? I have an 8V in my driver but I'm putting a 16V in my project which will them become my driver...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 10:43 PM

Tell me it is not the SHI% I love my conversion. The power is so much greater than the 1.3. I am glad to hear you are running now. Have fun and be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 07:23 AM

Got a pic?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 07:34 AM
GRW

I am going on 3 yrs with my 16V.
Still in love with the power (on and off road).
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 09:45 AM

I don't see anything HOLY about $HIT....??

I am driving now a year with a 1600 16v engine, stock rest of drive train, and 31's

the thing flat out takes off. and runs great... I don't hardly ever have to shift down from 5th gear going up mountain passes and such.. the same passes I was having to shift to 3rd gear with the 1.3 engine....

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 10:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is the power gain with a 1.6 8 valve? I am looking to get one and want to know if there is any point in upgrading to an 8 valve. A 1.6 just seems to be too much work to put in for a DD (for now). I just want something that can keep up with traffic without having to give it all it has. Any information would be awesome. Thanks!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 10:10 AM

The 1.6 8V is a piece of cake install and no wiring modifications if you stay carburated. My 8V will do an easy 80mph with stock gears and 31s. But, it bottoms out there and does lose some power up steep/long upgrades (hills). The acceleration is good and I can pull out in traffic without any worries of getting rear ended. If you're looking for a fast, cheap and easy swap, the 8V is the way to go. If you want a lil' more top end and quicker acceleration, the 16V is where you need but it'll cost ya' a considerable bit more as you need a high pressure fuel pump as opposed to low pressure and you need someone to fab up the wiring harness(unless you have time, skills and patience).
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 12:01 PM

by christmas I hope to have the doe to do the conversion, I plan to run 33 retreads so its either this or a sumo case....
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 01:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd like to do a 8V switch. How much time and $ are involved. Is it just a bolt on switch or would I have to
switch the trans-fer and tranny to get it done. And what about a carb, would I need to switch this out also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode