1982 SJ410 Leaky T-Case questions: NEED GURU - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

1982 SJ410 Leaky T-Case questions: NEED GURU

I'm looking for someone who has experience with the old-style SJ-410 Transfer case.

I have noticed it's a little "drippy," but when I went to the garage this morning after yesterdays run I realized it's leaking seriously.

Because of the "fling patterns" it looks similar to when I blew a rear pinon seal, so I'm going to assume that the seals need replacing on those too. No need figuring which one, I'll just do 'em all. Not too expensive of a job.

My question is such: Everything I've bought for this thing so far has been some wierd morphodite size. This T-case has the "small flanges." Does anyone know for sure what seals go in this puppy?

ALSO... Are there any other seals or things that I should check while I"ve got the shafts out?

I can do this job with the T-Case installed, yes? I'd rather not drop it.

Murph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 07:08 PM

Re: 1982 SJ410 Leaky T-Case questions: NEED GURU

Before you decide its just the seals, check how much play is in the input/output shafts. Hopefully it is just the seals, and not bearings!

call Hawk Strickly Suzuki, he probeably has the seals in stock. If someone has the 410 parts book we can compare numbers to the 86-88 #s I have.

input, 29971-80050 (possible replacement. 29971-80051, book was marked up...)
fr out, 29971-80050
rear out, 29972-80050 (not a missprint unless it was a missprint in the book...)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 10:56 PM

Re: 1982 SJ410 Leaky T-Case questions: NEED GURU

Here are the suzuki part numbers from my sj book, output seal to the front end and the input from the tranny are both part # 09283-35020, to the rear end is part # 09283-40009. These numbers might cross up, they're from the 82-83 parts book. The seal to the front end and the rear seal can be done easy but the input from the tranny would be a little harder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode