Suzuki Grand Vitara Pickup Truck (pic included) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 08:11 AM
ronin

Suzuki Grand Vitara Pickup Truck (pic included)

I found some more information on Suzuki's Pickup Truck concept vehicle that is based on the Grand Vitara platform for anybody who is interested. I really wish they would build this, it would make a great Samurai tow vehicle[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Of course, that would be after you toss on a lift kit and bigger tires, but I digress.

Grand Vitara Pickup
This is a pickup version of the Grand Vitara(Escudo in Japan), a sports-Utility Vehicle(SUV) that is popular in U.S.A. The wheelbase has been extended, and at the rear section is a cargo bed. A double-cab design provides a comfortable cabin space for five people. For added ease of use, its "1+2 door" design -- a door on the driver's side, two doors on the passenger side -- facilitates getting on and off the rear seats. Its suspension is combined with large 18-inch tires, composing a steady footed, robust, charging image. Bright shining billet-steel grille and overfenders on the outside and passionate red and black interior convey a wild and dynamic image. The cargo bed is a sturdy deck-type floor to suit casual use, and there's a box at the edge of the cargo bed for tools, etc. Occupying the cargo bed of the displayed vehicle is an All Terrain Vehicle(ATV) that are very popular in U.S.A. Of course, the ATV is a Suzuki model. Thus Suzuki, with a global perspective, is committed to providing fun and convenience not only with automobiles but also with motorcycles and other vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:20 AM

Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara Pickup Truck (pic included)

I like it!! I would buy one in a heart beat if they sent 'em over. But like most concept vehicles we won't see it in production.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Mud in my Veins

Looks practical enough, and that is a segment of the automotive market Suzuki is completely missing out on. I'd bet it wouldn't be to hard to see it in production. Not to hot about the 18" wheels though.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Who wrote that? My money's on a Japanese person.

........."composing a steady footed, robust, charging image"..........

"passionate red and black interior convey a wild and dynamic image"

They really need to get someone from America to look at their press releases before they put stuff out over here, I've seen this sorta stuff before. Just plain funny. Herro, herro, <a target="_blank" href=http://www.Engrish.com>www.Engrish.com</a> anybody?[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 12:20 PM
ronin

Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara Pickup Truck (pic included

The text came off of the Tokyo Motor Show's main site. Most of the site is in japanese, but they have some stuff in english too. Have to admit, this particular vehicle looks really really close to a production model compared to other concept vehicles. And it uses all Grand Vitara running gear and drivetrain except for a slightly longer frame. The next Commercial Vehicle themed TMS (which was what this truck debuted at) is in Oct, maybe we will see it show up again. I would love to see Suzuki follow through on this one.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Addict

Like it. Not sure about the 1+2 door idea though, I'm assuming the one rear door opens out to the pavement (sidewalk). If its a Jap design it'd be ok for the UK as they're RHD too. Otherwise they'll have to have two different bodies to serve all world markets. Concept cars have made it onto the market before Ford's Scorpio and Audi's TT spring to mind immediately. Certainly looks like a ready to go design, unlike a lot of other concepts. Someone at Suzuki must have noticed the size of the market for twin cabs.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The tires are 18 inches???

Perhaps they meant the wheels...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Another picture here :

http://www.suzuki4wdclub.nl/home_uk.htm

Proves the 2+1 theory as there's only 1 door on this side of the picture.

Plus a picture of a LWB / 5 door Jimny ...

Dave
http://www.k9rdj.co.uk
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It would be awesome and I am sure they would figure out the whole 4 door thing, for America. I am sure it will come and alot of concepts have made it to prduction....Viper, Pt Cruiser, and Prowler where all concept and relivitely unchanged.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:06 PM

That's really cool. If they sell it, I'll be in line to buy one!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Loweguy

It's amazing how much like my 2001 Nissan Supercharged Crew Cab that truck looks. Suzuki needs to be more inovative with thier offerings so somebody will actually buy some of these good trucks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode