BDS 4" Suspension Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:55 PM
Buddyman

BDS 4\" Suspension Lift

Does anyone here have any experience with this lift kit? How does it perform off and onroad? Can I fit 31x10.5" tires with full articulation and no rubbing? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 12:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: BDS 4\" Suspension Lift

tackett at north coast told me it was very stiff
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 03:13 AM
zukikid

i have heard that the ride is very stiff and if you wanted to go spoa in the future,the bds springs have been known to whoop out very quickly in a spoa set up .

zukikid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 06:31 AM

We have replaced several sets of rears being bent when used on an SPOA. I have a feeling after the last conversation with BDS, that they will be putting a disclaimer on them for use in an SPOA. Due to the low number of sales for them, I am thinking of dropping them period. If you are going to use them SPUA, they work fine, and yes you can clear the size tire stated. However, ANY lifted spring that will maintain it's arch is going to be stiff, and the BDS is no exception to that rule. The trailmaster is the worst followed by the BDS, then Calmini, and the other brands out there fall in there somewhere. ANY SPOA lift is asking for bent springs if a traction bar is not used. It is as important for an SPOA lift as the perch set. Atached is a pic of what happens without a traction bar.

TGT - NCO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 877273-bentspring1.jpg (46.0 KB, 13 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 06:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i run the 4" b.d.s with 31 x 10.5s.(spua) they did rub a little a full flex.i added 2" longer shackles,now the tires clear fine.the ride is not as stiff as people say,of course my rig weighs about 2500 lbs and its not a d.d..
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:02 PM

I have the BDS kit also and it isn't as stiff as people say. Now, it is somewhat tight BUT way better than my stock springs ever were and the handling on road is unbelievable. I run Sky Jacker Hydro shocks with them. I also have 2 inch longer shackles and had no tire issues running 31x10.5's. I just took the springs off (after only 2000 kilometers) and am selling the kit for a great price. Why? I'm dropping in a 4.3L, etc....and need different springs to compensate for the new weight.

Cheers!
Steve
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 10:34 AM
bneiman

Quick question. When you say "worst" begining W/Trailmaster etc... Do you mean "worst" being the softest? If so then I agree. IMO Trailmaster springs do not belong
SPOA. But use them SPUA and they are now "best"! (IMO) These along with the D-Tech shocks offer a DAMN soft ride on trail & off. I use 2" longer shackles, 4" T-Master
springs SPUA and run BFG 32x11.5s with NO rubbing whastoever. Broke 2 of these springs in a previous SPOA within a week but can't get one to break in 5 years now in SPUA.
So that "worst" being attached to Trailmaster would (IMO) be "best" for SPUA. I should add that this post would only apply too Zuke owners looking for the MOST comfortable ride. As a Trailmaster fan my work is done here.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 01:00 PM
SPAMurai

it may not apply to sammys, but my sister has BDS springs in her YJ, and really dislikes them. they're stiff as hell! if you thought a YJ had a bad ride to begin with, try driving one with BDS springs... (yup, she's got her sway bar disco, but that only helps a little)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 03:48 PM

When ya'll say "stiff", what are you comparing it to. How does it compare to a stock SPUA setup?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 09:26 PM

I'm running the 4" BDS as well -- bought it from NCO and not a problem at all. They are a little stiff but it's all I've known in this truck, so no biggie. If I want a smooth ride I drive the camry.

Murph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode