guys that have made their own yj kits, how much... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

guys that have made their own yj kits, how much...

Okay this goes out to all the guys that have built their own yj kits. Well I would like to run yj's mainly to get a smoother ride, it's going to be spua still, so I'm not worried about flex. If you're wondering I also have the post with the efi parts that are up for trade for a yj kit. I would like a price of what you all would charge me to build a bolt on yj kit, front and rear. All I need is front and rear u-bolt plates (4), spring hangers (4) and the required mounting hardware, and front and rear shackles (4). I don't care if it's painted, doesn't have to be purdy, just work, or if the kit uses straight shackles, missing link shackles, or shackle reversed, I don't care. Please name your price. If you're watching my other post I am going to make this price the price of the efi parts. If you wouldn't like others from seeing your quote then please email me at [email protected] or pm me and don't relpy to this post. Please let me know A.S.A.P. so I can go and try to sell the efi stuff at that price and then get you the money. Thanks, hope you guys can help, -Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Re: guys that have made their own yj kits, how much...

Okay guys, the first offer was sent to me via email. It's not home made though. The guy wants $400 for his used bolt on yj kit, everything I need. Now I know someone who can make them at their home or garage could beat this price. I just don't feel that the efi parts can bring in this much, so please email a quote. The materials are prolly going to cost 50 to 75 bucks, then theres a couple of hundred bucks to be made here. Let me know, -Drew
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This thread is calling out for Jim of Shrock bar fame to reply [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 12:33 PM
HankS

Jim and I have mulled over the details of this mod many times. E-mail him, he might be willing to help you.
[email protected]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 01:42 PM

I would definitely do this for you EXCEPT for (1) liability and (2) time. I'm still recovering from my injury but other than that, I need to start on the rest of my truck to get the 4.3L engine/tranny in.
As for the liability issue, if one of the welds should give and your truck rolls, I'm screwed. And I think other guys are thinking about that too. I know, I know, you would hold "yourself" responsible but that could change in a heartbeat.
If you'd be willing to do some of the work yourself, I'd be more than happy to tell you the dimensions of the parts and help you out w/ pictures, etc... Maybe you could find someone to weld it all up when done?
But you never know, maybe I could start selling these kits....hmmmm ;-)
I wonder if anyone would be interested in a cheap 4.3L conversion kit....

Cheers guys,
Steve
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 01:48 PM
HankS

I am always willing to look at a way to home build anything. I am interested in your dimensions and pics!!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 02:30 PM

LOL
OK, when I get a chance to get out there and take the pics and measurements, I'll pass them along. It will be a couple weeks to say the least. Getting a digi camera soon and have to wait til then. OK? I may, and I say "may" build the kit for you but that depends. I'll have more info in a bit.

Cheers,
Steve
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Wow that would be great, I just figured that before someone would give out their dimensions and take the time to post the pics and what not, that they'd rather pick up a quick 200 bucks and just build a copy of their own. You have to figure if "me", the person putting it on does in fact put it on themselves, then they are responsible. Heck go copy the disclaimer from one of our friendly vendors, and send that with the kit, so I have it in writing, and you're in the clear. Sinse my sami will be a spua daily driver, and not a trail rig, if you build it to withstand what you may dish out, I'll for sure be in clear. If you could get me the every dimension and detailed picks that I will need to do this, I would be more than happy to give ya a little cash for the time. If you do change your mind and would like to build me one great, name your price. Thanks for the reply, hope you can help, -Drew
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 03:46 PM

Sure Drew, no problem. I wouldn't mind making the kit for you for cheap, so don't worry, but if I haven't the time, I'll take the measurements and give you pics. You'll have EVERYTHING you'll need. The only thing you'll have to do is drill the hole on the frame hangers. I also used a different system to mount the front springs, with missing links. I extended the frame and can tell you how to do the same w/no welding. Although welding would be easier. Your choice. Take down my e-mail and get back to me in a couple weeks and we'll go from there. And please, be patient. Like I mentioned before, I am still recovering and have LOTS of work to do.

Cheers!
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode