club organization - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

club organization

Hello there I am thinking of making the Bedfrod Boys Balls Deep an actual club and not just a gathering of friends.Does anyone have any insight to the best ways to create a club and some guidelines to follow?Any help would be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 02:23 PM
SAS

Re: club organization

Grumpy,

I was reading a book at the library last month, I think the title was JEEP OWNER's BIBLE, and I certainly don't remember the author.

Anyway, in the book was a chapter on clubs and it gave info on starting new clubs, etc. Of course, it was Jeep specific, but I suppose the same principles would apply for any other vehicle club.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

We need a club house, but I don't have a tree big enough for one....do you????
OH...and T-shirts...we need those too.....
And hat's...everone always dig's hats!!
If I think of anything else, I'll let ya know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

How about a club garage?How about club dues?For the hats,buttons,banners,license plates,stickers,shirts,underwear.Hold on, did I say underwear?That would be taking it too far.Here is a start to a club web site:
http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/ballsdeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

underwear.....lol
I liked that!!!
We need to have a big meating sometime and talk about what we want...but I do like the undies idea....lol
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 11:12 AM

Tell me something grumpy, what differentiates a club from "a batch of good friends that get together and wheel everyt so often"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Heres a couple ideas our club meets once a month at a local restuarnt, we have club dues of 30 a yr for single 35for a family to be eligable for membership you must attend 2 meetings and 2 trail rides must be voted in at the next meeting.we send out a monthly news letter to all members, we vote once a yr for club officers Pres, vice pres, treasure, and sec. anybody is allowed to come to meetings or rides but are unelligable to vote unless they are a paid member. We have stuck fees of a $1.00 per stick max $5.00 for the trip alot of guys just pay there $5.00 upfront that money inturn purchaces prizes that are raffled off at our anual christmas party
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 11:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Heres a couple ideas our club meets once a month at a local restuarnt, we have club dues of 30 a yr for single 35for a family to be eligable for membership you must attend 2 meetings and 2 trail rides must be voted in at the next meeting.we send out a monthly news letter to all members, we vote once a yr for club officers Pres, vice pres, treasure, and sec. anybody is allowed to come to meetings or rides but are unelligable to vote unless they are a paid member. We have stuck fees of a $1.00 per stick max $5.00 for the trip alot of guys just pay there $5.00 upfront that money in turn purchaces prizes that are raffled off at our anual christmas party we also hooked up with a guy that does our club stickers which we sell to members for there trucks also have guy that puts are club logo on shirts, jackets, and hats
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

In my eyes a club is more organized than just a group of guys.Clubs also get more recognition in some events like the 4-wheel jamboree for example.Our group seems to have some problems getting everyone together fo runs, our best is 7 out of 19 not counting the Mash, and I felt something might happen if we were to become a bonnafied club.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i started a 4x4 club with a buddy once and in our rules the club was for just full-sized truckes and now i can't be a member. the bad things about clubs are the voting process. if someone keeps getting outvoted for awhile then the get pissed and a good friend could be lost. just start a club in that friends just go wheel with everyone if they can. some clubs make it so that you have to go wheel when they do. just make a club out of the guys and gals you got now and ask them what they want from a club and how they want it to be. the good thing about clubs is when everyone helps in forming the mold for that club. don't follow anothers club leading. if you want to start a club then you all need to get together and make it the way you all want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode