OT;Problem with tow vehical-need parts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT;Problem with tow vehical-need parts

I made the big mistake,I farmed out what I should have done myself.I had P/S installed on the big ugly along with a 200 amp Leece Neville alternator.The problem is the shop mounted the pitman arm at 4 O clock instead of 6 O clock.When they hooked up the drag link it hit so they fix the problem. Instead of readjusting the pitman arm they cut the drag link and now I have lost most of the turning capabilities to the right.Anybody have an adjustable draglink for sale?Then instead of ordering the right mounting braket for the alternator they fabbed up there own and busted the rear out of the case.Anyone deal with these alternators and might have a line on where I can get the right mounting system.The truck is a 1977 dodge M-883/W200,with a 318 engine and a 3" bodylift,so I have lots of room to mount the alternetor,and NO,its not there problem its mine,so they say.$738.00 down the drain and I still have to redo it,I feel a storm brewing-dont you?RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 11:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT;Problem with tow vehical-need parts

wish i could help ya brother, all the bone yards are closed already today and im leaving monday or tuesday EARLY to drive to phoenix az.
BiLLy bOb
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 11:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rick,
Now I may be out of line here man, but I do believe I would march right down there with my brother and my brother's brother and open up a big ol' can of you're gonna fix this right caus you messed it up or else we're gonna fix your wagon!! That's pretty lazy of them to just cut and weld the link without removing the pitman arm and setting it up right. I feel for you man, I once took my Bronco to a guy to get the brakes done and I got it back and they were so bad the pedal went to the floor as soon as I got in it. He tried to say there was something wrong with the lines or something and I said we'll you had better get it back into your garage and fix it because It only needed new pads and shoes before you got your hands on it. He eventually fixed it and lost a future customer or two. Good Luck man....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Pooh-Bah

Dont touch nothing just yet, take LOTS of pictures, save reciepts .. I smell lawsuit [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

bb,Drive careful and leave that trailor at home.RR
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Pete,that has crossed my mind.The only reason I let them work on it in the first place is they just did one just like it for a local fire dept.I thought they would remember how they did it.I am going back over there on Tuesday and say fix it or This might make the fire news letter for the county we live in and a lot of their work is for the local deptments and firefighters.RR
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Doug ,the more I think about it,you could be right.If I would have had to make a hard right turn to avoid an accident or something,I would have run right into them.RR
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Rick,
First off , no shop in their right mind would ever cut and weld a drag link , the liability is just too high . If they do things like that , I'd be taking a very close look at the Fire Dept.'s equipment . That kind of workmanship could cost someone their life . Why on Earth would you want a 200 amp Leece Neville, anyway? Those alt's are known for blowing up , their reliability has always been a joke . The semi's I work on use either them or the Delco Gray Ghost , we've done a ton of conversions to get rid of the Neville's. If nothing else , go get a 100 amp Chrysler , and it's brackets . You may need to get the bottom crank pulley set also , I can't remember on the smallblocks . That Mopar unit will outlast the Neville 10 to 1 , and it's amp rating is very conservative , more like 140a+ . I've got one downstairs that has almost 200k on it , no signs of even any wear yet in the bearings , just the pulleys themselves . Wish I had time to come down there , I'd set those guys straight in a hurry .....
Sarge
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hi Sarge,my last truck, a blazer had one on it for years without any trouble.I had no idea that they were bad.I have a chance to get a dodge 140 amp unit,maybe I will do that and not worry about the Neece/Leville.Thanks for the insight.On the other truck/fire dept vehical, they did it by the book-nice job.I guess they just got lazy on mine,Best Regards to you and the better half,RR
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Just get a letter Head with a lawyers name on top and drop a call into the better buisness bur. hell place an add in the local paper. Thats just not right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode