Need to get some rear leaf springs.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need to get some rear leaf springs....

I just finished the install of rear springs on the front of my zuk yesterday and after driving it offroad yesterday my brother now wants to do it to his zuk when we do his SPOA. I will probably be needing two sets of rears now. One set for his zuk and another pair for spares for the trail, one for each truck. anyone got some you don't need lying around? Where's all the guys goin' to YJ's maybe they don't need em'anymore.... Let me know at [email protected] Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 12:14 PM
Veteran

Re: Need to get some rear leaf springs....

I've got a pair of 4-leaf YJ's for sale or trade [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img], but no stock springs [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. BTW, I sent you a PM a few days ago but received no response. Please check it and get back with me. Thanks.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mr Surly,
How much do you need to get for the YJ's, If they are reasonable I might go through the trouble of fabbing the rear mounts and spring plates. I got the front done with rears and missing links today and I'd actually rather get some rears for the spares instead. Thanks man.

I am sorry about the PM, I forget they are there on this forum and I forget to check them. I would rather just get e-mail that's why I left my addy. Thanks......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:19 PM

The four leaf packs will get tore up on the back of a zuk. You will have to buy some add a leafs or somethin for them.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the heads up man, I do not know anything about the YJ spring packs but I do not think I want to do all the extra fab work on them right now anyway. I am quite happy with the way my Missing links are working out on my rig now. I just need to find another set of rear springs for my brother and me. Anyone Anyone??
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:33 PM

If you cant find them from someone on the board check out the izook classifieds the guy their Rods used samurai parts sells the rear packs for something like 25 apiece.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 06:01 PM

i actually have 4 rear springs 2 stock with overloads 2 with the overloads removed and the clamps straightened as well as some slip strips between the springs but the slip sheets also cause some problems i would remove the long ones if I were to use them since they want to spin for some reason THE PROBLEM I AN IN CA so shipping would be expencive i would think i dont think any of them have the bushings any more either
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 06:09 PM

One of the, if not the best, leaf spring swaps going right now, is the rear Samurai to the front, and the 76 - 85 four leaf front CJ spring packs in the rear. They hold up great, and flex whitin a hairs breath of YJ's but without the headache. I am in the process of switching over right now, and it allows you to use the existing rears in the front and brand new reasonable priced springs in the rear.

TGT - NCO
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree , great ride and cheap . Not to mention , less parts to deal with . The only problem I've encountered was bushing size problems with the CJ's in the rear . I didn't like the original rubber bushings , so I went with urethane ones , but had to buy a whole set for a J**p . The next problem is that the rear shackle end bushings are made to work with 3/8" bolts , not the 1/2" ones in my Breeze DLS's . So far , just running without a steel sleeve in the bushing , works ok but not what I really want to do . I may just drill out the holes to accomodate the larger sleeve although trying to enlarge a hole in urethane is not easy . Other than that , love the flex and ride....
Sarge
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 07:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

he Re: Need to get some rear leaf springs....

Tim,
I'm glad you replied man, I've been trying to get a hold of you. I am also thinking of ordering a set of front CJ springs from JC whitney. They are pretty cheap and I've heard they are of good quality. I finished my front Missing Links yesterday and they flex like crazy.

My Brother is building up his zuk right now and He's in need of a Re-ring kit without pistons and he's gonna need a set of those breeze perches and u-bolts as well. Could you please e-mail me a price quote at [email protected] or give me a call at 1-865-379-8932. I really appreciate it. He is getting anxious to get started and he's already got the head down at the machine shop getting it refreshed.

Pete Matos

How much do you want for the rears from california, If they are reasonable I'd go for the shipping but I'm in East Tennessee zip code 37801. Thanks for responding....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode