Thoughts on a V8 conversion... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Thoughts on a V8 conversion...

All,
I am thinking of running a 305 in my Sammi...I have a good motor, Trans, and transfer for the conversion, and care nothing about streetability...Mine is a trailer queen for sure now anyway...I would like to do this over the winter...

Has anyone done this that posrts on this board??...I know I have seen pics of them around on the web...Thoughts???

Let me know...Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 09:37 AM

Re: Thoughts on a V8 conversion...

Keep in mind your going to change the front to rear weight balance of your zuke. Also your going to need a stronger front axle and springs in front and probably a bigger axle in the rear. Chevy 305, right? Your going to add something like 3-400 lbs to the the front axle. Close to 20% more weight directly on the front axle. plan for the consecuences of that weight. Lots ot think about
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

GO FOR IT!!!! its been done several times and im sure it will continue to be done. id plan on some heavier axles FOR SURE. yotas or danas..
BiLLy bOb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:24 AM

I've just heard that it'll require some body and frame extending up front. Saw one with it done and it looked kinda funny. Rad stuck way out and stuff. Besides, it defeats the purpose of having a nice, small Zuk. Your call but of course, anything can be done ;-)

Cheers,
Steve
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey

I will give it to you straight. The V8 you really dont need. I did the 4.3 conversion and that has more horsepower then i can ever use. I currently run 33s with stock axles and spin them all the time without even trying. If you are going to beat on it the beefier axles are a good idea, but stock axles are good enough to give you a split to see whether you want to do that or not. I am a very big fan of putting big motors in samurai's. But if you have any questions you can contact lightning conversions. That is all they do. They are rather pricey for there kit but they do sell the stuff individually. The 4.3, 305 and the 350 are all the same motor. So if you have a tranny and transfer case and dont want to chug down the gas, then all you have to do is get your hands on a 4.3 and everything will bolt up to that motor. I also know poeple with the 4.3 that run 36s soon to be 38s. Well if there are any more questions, please feel free to email or post.

[email protected]

Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode