Finally got around to doin' some new mods..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 06:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Finally got around to doin\' some new mods.....

Hey Guys,
I finally got around to getting the rear springs installed in the front of my zuk. I am building some expanding shackles for all four sides and I hope to get it up and running soon. I need to build the upper front shock mounts to take advantage of the new flex. I was wondering if anyone knows what the longest stock shock available is for the zuk, IE which vehicle/year. I was under the impression the fj40 landcruiser had some very long ones but I can't remember or find it on the net.

I have some more good news also, my little brother has bought himself a nice 1987 zuk. It is in very good shape and has virtually no rust. We are in the process of getting the parts for the SPOA and the doorless thing so he should be also trail ready soon. The only problem is that the truck is smokin' like a pig. I was wondering if anyone had a spare 1.3 liter motor that is running good they would sell him for cheap? He just coughed up the money for the rig so he does not have much. Maybe someone who upgraded to a 1.6 or 4.3 might have one to sell. Thanks guys and have a great night.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Finally got around to doin\' some new mods.....

Hi Pete,sounds like your family zook thing is going good.You might try BB and see if he has an extra 1.3.Best of luck on your projects,RR
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 07:46 AM
HankS

Pete, if your looking for a cheap option on front shock mounts, you can use ford shock towers and then you pick the shock for your trucks travel. Do a search for Ford Shock Towers here and on the pirate4x4 site and it will give you the part numbers. I have attached a pic of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 873471-shocktower.JPG (77.0 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 08:35 AM

Ford shock tower : P/N E5TZ-18183-A, roughly $12 ea. Its off a 1 ton Ford F350 straight axle. ( Ford must think theres a defect on this part....)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 05:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

It would be worth $24 for everyone to run down to the local Ford dealer and run them out of these . I can just imagine the panic it would cause once they figured out the sales figures. Maybe we should look into more oem parts from other manufacturers .
Sarge
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pete let me know when you want to cut the hinges. I will make your brother a deal on the straps for the door.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 10:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys,

I already made my upper shock mounts for an eye to eye shock, I was mostly wanting the longest shock you can buy for a vehicle so I can get some cheapies at the advanced auto parts store. I heard it was the fj40 from some year but I am not sure.

I made my z link today and it came out really nice and strong. I am going to start on the expanding shackles tomorrow as I already bought a 10' length of 2"x3/8" flat stock. I am getting pretty excited about it and I can't wait to measure my new found flex. Oh yeah, I managed to get the threads all buggered up on it so I'll have to replace it right away. I got it from North coast offroad so I tried to get a hold of him but he did not return my call. Anyone know what size they are offhand?

My brother and I cut the hinges the first day we got the truck for him and I did the nice quick release straps the next day so I will not need them now. Thanks anyway....

Apreciate it guys....

Pete Matos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode