mounting doetsch shocks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 06:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

mounting doetsch shocks

I installed yj suspension on my samuri. Does anybody know if you can mount the doetsch shocks upside down? Maybe somebody knows how I can install them right side up without having interference from the brake lines and "E" brake cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: mounting doetsch shocks

I called Doetsch and asked this very question. They said their shocks work equally as well with the piston up or down, it don't matter.

-G
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 12:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can attest to that, I run them upside down in the rear. The ride feels a little better to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 06:31 AM
mikrosilakhan

CRAP!!! your kiddin me!! Figures after i mounted the "right side up" so to speak KNOWING it was gonan hit the spring pad alittle amking dents in them [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, live and learn.. I knew i shoulda asked about that lol

Actualy now i think about it i can turn them around and upside down to hide the dents.......... Wait what am i saying.......... look at my sami lol
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 11:02 AM

I mounted mine right side up the shock just touched the spring at full articulation untill i broke the panhard bar now they have dents but they are now upside down so they have alot of clearance they get closer to the spring as they extend on my fronts
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 11:17 AM

mine are upside down too. I have shock hoops, rear springs up front and I still had to cut the bumpstops down to make them work. They have a few dents in them form "test fitting" but they work fine.
Attached Files
File Type: art 870718-paulie8.art (5.5 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 11:51 AM

At the recent Suzukis on the rocks, Brent from Trail Tough told me it would be better to run the DT shocks right side up, do to there valving. Running them upside down causes the fluid to foam eaiser and lower shock performance. I did notice a big difference by the end of the trail(all of my shocks are inverted) The zuk was way to soft. I'm flippin' mine back over....my.02
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 12:49 PM

As far as the shock mounts go, I made some lower mounts for mine and was able to clear the brakelines and the ebrake cable.

I used 2x2 angle iron about 2 inches long. I took some shock mount bolts that came with some Procomps I used to have. I cut the bolt and welded it onto the angle. Then welded the angle to the lower back edge of the axle tube. It puts the shock just behind the axle tube and only hangs down about 1/4" below the tube.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Journeyman

zuk88 is right. my friends shocks foamed up. the first 1 inch of travel,the shock was useless! This was on OKEZUKI`S rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode