Update, all about me. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Update, all about me.

So heres my situation:
Im getting really tired of driving around a 1990 mustang, and tonight when we went out to pick someone up before going out, I found out where a Samurai that I want to buy is. I'll maybe check that out tomorrow and knock on his door or something and talk to him about it. He has got a nice green hardtop, thats the one I want, but I guess hes got a black soft top too that I didnt see.

Also, some people make me shake my head. We were talking about it and my friends dad comes in and says (and I quote) "Those are the tippiest of the tippy".... Jeeze, I said no, thats a myth but he totally insisted and when I asked him how he knows so, he simply replied "The reports said so, also they're useless, too narrow, too short, too small." I wish some people would mind their own business, Or at least think about what they're saying. The comsumer report said it, its gotta be true.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I picked up a Suzuki Jimny model at hobbyworld a couple days ago. That should be fun. It looks exactly like a Samurai, and it even says Samurai on some of the piece holders. Maybe I'll get some pictures of it, and hopefully my real Samurai. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hmmm I don't know why I posted this, I guess some insight on how to deal with the ignorant people would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 03:37 AM
zukikid

Re: Update, all about me.

shhhhhhhh!!!we don't want them to know how great the samurai is.lets just have them keep thinking is a tippy little go cart that is a peice of junk. :-)

other wise they will want one ,the prices of sammys will rise even more ,and parts will be harder to find ect.

lets just make it our little secret.

zukikid
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 09:40 AM

I hear you have 10 months of winter and two months of bad sledding up in Canada. You can only drive that Mustang about two months out of each year. Sell the Mustang and get both the hardtop and the ragtop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 10:34 AM
Mud in my Veins

Go get that Sammy dude.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Can't 4x4 with a Mustang.

Eh, my little brother's 16 year old girlfriend thinks my Tracker is tippy too. I can hear tires squealing when I do my impression of autocrossing around corners, but no tipping. I've explained it all to her, but she still says they are tippy because her dad told her so. Meanwhile, they might give her the dad's current truck, a 1500 Dodge Ram 4x4 with a 360 and the infamous Dodge OD auto. Only problem, it's been used for snowplow duty since it was brand new in 97.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Seems to be a common trend out here, buying a new half ton and pretzeling the frame pushing snow with it. I tried to explain that to her as well, but all she sees is a big red Dodge Ram. I want a Ram too, but it's gonna be a 2500 with 1 tons from the factory, a diesel, and a stick.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] ANYWAYS, you can't fight ignorance if they aren't willing to learn.

I'm keeping the Tracker by the way. A little worried about liability issues with the rusted out rear seat belt mounts, and after I get the Ram I'll need a winter beater anyways.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

No way definatly not tippy and no I didnt go over just practicing my 2wd manuevers

oh ya and they flex for shiat to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode