centerforce DF slipping - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

centerforce DF slipping

Was out playing on some forest service roads wednesday and found some nice thick mud. I got in to the stuff and could move any more. The engine was revd but the tires would not move, all I could smell is burning clutch. I have one of the center force dual friction clutches, it was installed by previos owner. The DF clutches aren't supposed to slip like that are they.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 05:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: centerforce DF slipping

technically no but the mud and water might have gotten in there and slicked it up. Mud sucks for many reasons and that's one of them. The flywheel might need resurfacing also. I just installed one and I wasn't going to put it in without getting the flywheel done.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 07:24 AM
zukikid

you might want to adjust your clutch and see where that will get you before you do a tear down.even a dual fric .will slip if it needs adjusted.
zukikid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check those faults. After smoking the clutch like that I will most likely want to resurface it anyway.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 12:12 PM

this has happend few times to me and seavral people too! the mud will get on the input shaft and stick the throught bearing about half engaged pull it out you will see. Expacali if you dotn have the dust cover on there no one likes to put back on but after the secound time i installed mine i put it back on then silconed the hell out of it LOL!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

If your flywheel dust cover is missing (it screws into the bottom third of the transmission bellhousing with two bolts), you might try the local junkyard or Rob's Samurai parts in Iowa. Link to his site is at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.Izook.com>http://www.Izook.com</a>.

Having that cover will definitely help keep out the mud...

Also, as someone else suggested, check the clutch cable for proper setup. it adjusts at the throwout arm AND the cable mounting bracket on the side of the engine.

There's a good description of the process in the Haynes manual (at most libraries!) and (even better) the FSM if you can lay your hands on one.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Addict

i had a similar thing happen to my DF; got in a deep mudhole, about 6" over the floorboards, and once i got yanked out i couldnt shift anymore, but i could drive just fine if i started in gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode