Calmini Rubicon Run - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 06:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Calmini Rubicon Run

Just wondering if anyone out there was heading to the rubicon for the annual run with Calmini?

If so what are you driving on the run?

Later
Hutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 07:21 PM

Re: Calmini Rubicon Run

I'm going to try to make it,will be driving the Samurai.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm going next year. I went to Moab this year, and being from NY, one trip a year west of the rockies is all I can handle.

I will be there next year in a fully locked, geared and plated GV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 11:17 PM

I'll have to go to see the GV crawl. Is it a for sure deal? Thats a long way to go for a trail 12 miles long. Do you have to have Calmini stuff on your ride to get in??
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 05:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

It'll be a 3 week vacation. Going to San Diego first to visit family, then up to visit the Calmini gang before the run.

Yeah, it's long. But I built the GV with the intention of having a nice truck that I could drive to places far away, and still perform reasonably well on the trail. Best of both worlds for me.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 08:14 AM
zukiworld

I believe a sticker counts which are available at the trail head for free! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 08:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

When is this run, and how do you find out about it? I've bought a bunch of stuff from them, and spent HOURS on the phone with Steve Kramer, and never heard about when they have them.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's Sept 13-15th
Check out this information from the www.Zukiworld.com website or just go there and read it and look at the pics from last years run.. There is a story about last years run in the article archives too.

I don't think sign up is required for attendence but is suggested to give calmini an accurate head count for the dinner saturday..

Later
Stove Top

<SNIP from zukiworld>

Here is what Zukiworld says about the trip..

CALMINI Customer Appreciation Run 2002
For 6 years now, CALMINI has made it a point to show their customers a good time on the world famous Rubicon Trail. OVERVIEW: The group leaves early in the morning on Friday from Loon Lake and arrives at Spider Lake for the first night's camping. There is usually enough time for people to take there unlaiden Suzuki vehicles back to the Little Sluice for some aggressive wheeling before sacking out for the night. Day two has the group leaving Spider, dropping down the true sluice towards Buck Island lake where the group will break for lunch. After which it's down the big sluice toward Rubicon Springs where camp will be made Saturday night. Sunday arrives early with a drive out Cadillac hill thus ending the trail. The group then makes it to South Shore, Lake Tahoe and then heads back toward Placerville on HWY 50.
When will it happen ?
The CALMINI Customer Appreciation Run is set for September 13-15th.
Where will it happen ?
The Rubicon Trail is east of Sacremento, California.
Can I come ?
Yes, everyone owning and operating a Suzuki 4x4 (and their family) is invited.
What do I have to do ?
CALMINI Customer Appreciation Run participants need to do two things: 1. Send an email to [email protected] or contact Steve w/CALMINI 1(800)345-3305 which gets your name down on the list. 2. Show up at the Loon Lake damn/spillway Friday morning at 9:00AM the group will leave at 10:00AM
Who is paying for it ?
There are no fees associated with this un-official event. As always, every participant is responsible and liable for themselves.
Camping, Eating, Gas, etc ?
Here are three good options for the Camper / Lodger for Thursday the 12th and Sunday the 15th:
Camp at the KOA at Shingle Springs East of Placerville on HWY50
Stay at the Best Western on Missouri Flats Rd. in Placerville
For the advanced trail goer: Stay at the Embassy Suites Resort in South Shore Lake Tahoe. This causes a longer drive on Friday to get to the trail head but Sunday's drive is a breeze and you can be either on the road or in your hotel room shower early on Sunday.
Aside from the gratis dinner provided on Saturday by CALMINI, all meals will be your responsibility. You will also need enough gas to run your vehicle through the entire rubicon trail. It is only 14 miles long but it does take the better part of two days to cover that distance.

What else should I bring ?
You should bring everything you would need for 4 wheeling anywhere in the country. Bring your adventuresome spirit and sense of humor.
<SNIP>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode