Jeep waves? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Jeep waves?

Last week on my way to work, I see a Jeep coming toward me the other way. I always look at any 4 wheel drives, probably seeing if I get any ideas on setting up my own rig. Well, just before it passes, I see its a woman. And she waves at me. Well, I dismissed it as a woman not knowing that my Sami wasn't a Jeep. Women aren't really that knowlegable about cars...

So tonight on my way home, some guy in a new Jeep sees me coming from quite a way away, and HE waves at me too. Weird.

Wouldn't other Jeep owners make him sell his Jeep if they saw that?

Seriously though, do you think they just didn't know my Samurai was not a Jeep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:26 PM

Re: Jeep waves?

Seriously? I think they just don't know. They may thing it is some old style of Jeep. It is probably just mistaken identity.

Then again, when I had my Jeeps I used to wave at Ford Broncos because a good friend of mine had (and by some miracle still has) one. It was, of all colors, white and I could rarely tell him from any other on the road so I just waved at them all.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i wave to all lifted 4x4s. i also wave to people on motorcycles. i do not wave to cars because they sit to low to see their hands.
it does not mean that if they drive a jeep then they won't wave at you if you wave first. i am starting to get mad at people because they always say "nice Jeep". then i remember that they most likely drive a car and don't know that if might not be a jeep. but i love it when someone in a jeep says "nice Samurai".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:48 PM

The word Jeep is used as a generic term for all 2 door ragtop 4wd's........don't get stressed over it. I'm like JIMZUKI, I wave to any lifted 4x4. After all, we do share common interest but we choose different vehicles.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dont know bout you guys, but i get most recognition from the little guys, they like waving and saying nice jeep, but i remember i used to call all suvs <mostly small> and i called them jeeps, but i dint know any better, a suv was a jeep, and a jeep was a jeep. they were pretty cool.

but now i can distinguish any kind of car comin down the highway for about 1/4 of a mile. * i literally practice everyday, and ive got it down pat, i can call a 2nd gen integra, from a 4th gen lude, but takes a bit closer to tell if its a type r integra, or vtec lude.

sorry for babbling
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:59 PM

What's wrong with a Jeeper waving to a Zuker? At least it shows that they don't all hate each other [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 08:24 PM

You know this kinda funny their was a post like this on the jeep board awhile back. The consenus of most of the jeepers was it's ok to wave at a samurai or any other 4x4 if you want and almost required if it looked like the other person was a real off-roader. I do but what do I know I put a piss on jeep sticker on my samurai, and I love my TJ!
I usually only wave if it doesn't look like the other guys rig is a poser.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 08:39 PM

Yeah, I don't think the wave a just a "Jeep thing", it's also a kind of bond between off-roaders. I get a lot of waves from lifted pickups when I drive my CJ around town.
Have you lifted that TJ yet, or is it still stock?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 09:18 PM

here in the south the word Jeep is like the word coke

meaning if you want somthing to drink we do not ask if you want a pop or soda or a drink we ask if you want a coke then we ask what kind coke, sprite, etc. ....

same as Jeep it is used losely for the term of 4x4 then it goes further to the correct vehicle.

had a Jeep tell me at the gas station today that i had a nice rig and he wished his parents would let him get a zuk but they were afraid because they flip all the time. he said when he gets older he was gonna buy one i think he was like 17 yrs old
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 09:27 PM

The TJ is still stock, Now that we bought a new neon as the new grocery getter I can lift the TJ though. I just gotta wait until I get my tire account paid down some. I hate lifted rigs with stock tires. I have been looking at the Full Traction system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode