Interco line of tires (differences) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:52 PM
Wyld_Bill

Interco line of tires (differences)

OK after looking at lots of USED MT tires for sale that weren't any better than the meats I'm already running for 1/2 the cost of NEW tires which will last me forever on a Zook ("I'm run-on sentance man! "), I've decided to keep the tires I have now until I can afford some BRAND NEW TIRES. Seriously considering an Interco/S.S. tire set. Unfortuanatly they have so many types now that I am confused as to which to get??? LTBs SSRs TSLs Qs ARRGGHHH!!!!!!
So!...........Who knows alot about all they're tires?
My requirements:
Not more than $900 for a set of four
Good aggresive tread (MT)
Good side lugs of some sort
33" or 34"ACTUALLY tire diameter
Around 12.5" width
Able to be balanced OK
Soft tread & flexy sidewalls (remeber only 2500lb rig here)
DOESN'T ROB TOO MUCH H.P., I love the way I can buzz right along with the 33's I got right now.

Discrepencies:
Don't care about road noise or tread mile wear rating
Don't want Boggers or Trucksux
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Veteran

Re: Interco line of tires (differences)

i JUST WENT THROUGH THIS AND DECIDED ON THE STD tsl IN A 33X12...rrrr...mostly bec. the compund is a little softer than the LTB. The radial TSL will ride nicer on the road and balance a litlle better and be a little lighter at the expense of sidwall strength and tread pattern agressiveness and a sligthly harder compound.

SSR would only make sense for a DD considering the extra expense IMHO. Also their are many who claim the sidewall is weak (but there are some who are happy with it too on a lightweight zuk).

I did not even balance mine and they ride just fine for the occational trip around town that I do...no bad vibes. I have not noticed an flat spotting either.

For a 33x12ish I think the std Swamper TSL is the way to go.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 07:36 PM
wheelnrock

Bill I have 33 tsl swampers and love them.If your looking for ride buy raidials(ssr)if not get the LTBs the price is right compaired to regular TSLs. TSLs flex nice once they have a few miles on them.I heared theLTBs flex nicly too.Stay away from boggers unless like broken axles.Boggers just seem to grab to good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 11:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 33x12.5 swamper SSRs and I love them. they have more little edges to grab traction than the other swampers, and they are radials so the flex well. And they look really bitchin (thats important right?)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 12:22 AM
Veteran

My reasoning went like this. The SSR ia a lot more expensive and its benefits are over the TSL are on the street. LTB vs TSL price diff is basically a wash and the softer compoung on the TSL will grab better. It basically came down to TSL or radial TSL and I went TSL for the sidewall strength and the fact that it is an inch taller.

LTB - 33x13.50x15 6 $119.95
TSL - 33x12.50x15 $135.00
Radial TSL - 33-12.50R-15 $138.00
SSR - 33-12.50R-15 $179.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode