second gas tank - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

second gas tank

anyone ever put in a second tank and where did you get it and where did you install it ( i know about petro works gas tank ) but concidering i can get a 5 gallon boat tank that may fit under the seat with some modifications for $60 i cant see spending the kind of money petroworks wants for their tank plus i want it to be a real reserve tank so you know when you are out in the main you have this much left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Addict

Re: second gas tank

It's called a jerry can! Why bother hooking up a reserve tank for 5 gallons? just get your butt out and poor in the gas your self [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 08:00 PM

Yep, I did that, only mine is plumbed and will 1/2 fill the main tank on the fly using an E fuel pump.

Don't put a boat tank inside with you, very dangerous. Yes I know both ford and chevy have done it, but that doesn't make it safe, and both have been critisized for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

O gee why didnt I think of that Oh Now I remember because someone stole the gas out of it and it is empty when I realy need it go figure gas here is $1.82 a gallon and typically gets over $2.00 a gallon for the cheap stuff and is a comunity of welfare reciepients and other such low income people
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 12:09 PM

A locking strap across the cap solves the theft prob.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

the main problem i have found with the boat tanks is that they have been vented at the caps so it would vent in to the cab i do have some limited space underneath such as by the gas tank ( my exhaust currently exits in front of the back wheel) i am not looking for alot just enough to get me to the nearest station this isnt a daily driver and i allready have my rear cargo rack pretty full with the spare and tool box i curently only put the gas can on when i go on trips but would like to find a cheap alternitive and to get the weight forward more my rig is allready getting heavy on the rear (bumpers rack ect)obviously i am not the only one who wants more capasity other wise there wouldnt be 15 gallon tanks also been looking at air tanks they are strong and could be filled using a electric pump or maybe the return off the stock pump sort of like a inline colection point it would be allways full and fresh since the feul would be droped in to the top untill full then it would go back to the regular tank when needed just switch a valve to draw off the bottom of it so you would have a inlet and out let at the top and a draw off the bottom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode