Test drive! ... Gotta Sell! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Test drive! ... Gotta Sell!

Well, I test drove an X-90 today. I like it! I'm hooked! now I gotta sell my Sammi to get a new toy. So it's available for $4000. She's trail ready with a fresh 1.6 8 valve tracker motor. Loaded with stuff. 5:38 gears with a rear LockRight. 33x13.5 Baja Claws. 5.5" Spoa. 1988.5 Great Shape! email me for more info [email protected] or check my website <a target="_blank" href=http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html>http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html</a>
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 04:03 PM
ronin

Re: Test drive! ... Gotta Sell!

Welcome to the X-90 club. I bought mine new in 97 and have loved it. You will enjoy it, but I hate you have to sell your Sammy to get it. What are the specs for the X?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 05:44 PM

Scott,

Do you HAVE to sell the zuk to get the X?

I hate to see someone get rid of one good rig for another. It never hurts to keep the zuk around just for emergencys when ya need a wheeling fix.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

I really like the way it handles, but it seemed a bit sluggish. This may not be the one for me, but I'm still looking. What are some good performance upgrades? I have heard that a good K&amp;N air filter helps. Is it basically a sporty version of the Tracker? It is the same 1.6 EFI motor, isn't it? What upgrades/mods have you done to yours, if anything?
Yes, I hate to sell my Sammy, but on my budget, one toy at a time. I would really like to keep my Zuke and just use it for fun and wheeling, not a daily driver. Then I would be more likely to tear it up [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. If this all works out, I plan on getting another Samurai and stripping it down to a trail only vehicle. If I find a large sum of money (yeah, right), then I'll keep my rig and get an X90 and be the happiest guy around!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:23 AM
ronin

Well, I'll be honest with you. There are not a whole lot of performance mods available yet for the X. The only things are a K&amp;N, Adjustable Cam gears and a Calmini header (Glenn said DT might be coming out with one that is street legal) and of course aftermarket mufflers/exhaust. It has the same 1.6L 16valve as the Kick. The good news is that anything that will fit on a Sidekick will fit onto an X though. So you are set for suspension kits, raised and lowered. The wheel wells are a little smaller than on a Sidekick, so it limits your max tire size a bit more unless you do some minor fender trimming. Having said all of that, I still think it is a great little vehicle. I have a few things on mine: K&amp;N cone filter, Calmini steering stabilizer, Calmini front skid plate, larger wheels and tires and a front lightbar. I have had it now for almost 5 years and bought it brand new. I have never had any major problems with it at all. I am planning on a lift kit, LSD for the rear and larger tires cause it is looking really short next to my Samurai now[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:33 AM

I really really like your rig... If only you were in Texas, and I had money...............
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Thanks. The location (being in Texas)thing isn't a problem. I sold my old CJ8 to a guy in Texas. I have a friend in the trucking business that was able to load it on a flatbed semi and haul it on one of their regular runs for a small fee. The guy bought it without ever driving it - only saw my pics on my web page. I'd never buy like that, but he wanted to, so ok by me! Now, the money thing is an issue ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:57 AM

It's all about who you know. I think a trucker would be a good freind to have.

Yeah... money... wish i had some...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode