Sidekick Paint Job Idea? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 07:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sidekick Paint Job Idea?

OK, so I've seen various kinds of flame jobs.

I want an ICE JOB. My question is, where do you go to find good artists, that can do something like this? I don't have the time to go out finding people with body art and asking "who did your flame job", and trying to track them down, so I hope I get lucky here.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 07:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sidekick Paint Job Idea?

Look in the yellow pages of your local phone book and look for auto body shops. They might be able to do it, and if not they will probably be able to tell you who can and where to call. Just keep in mind that something like this isn't going to be cheap. Or, you can just drive up here and I'll do it for you! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 07:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where the heck is Dresser, WI?
I have a lot of relatives in WI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 07:53 AM

Go talk to the paint supply stores in town, see who they recommend. That's how I found a guy when I wanted some pinstriping done. The counter guys at the paint stores will be pretty in tune with whoever is doing custom work locally.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 08:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dresser is way on the western side of the state. RIGHT on the Minnesota border. Dresser is a small town of about 614 people. But Minneapolis/St. Paul is only about 60 miles (one hour drive about) southwest from us. A more popular town that is right next to Dresser is St. Croix Falls. We are about 60 miles from River Falls, and about 110 miles from Eau Claire. Got any relatives in this area you are planning on driving up to visit? We could go wheeling! AWESOME trails around here! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:33 AM

Bob- it depends on what kind of paint work you want done to the kick. Are you looking for paint or airbrushing? the local paint supply store is a good place to start. ALSO alot of tattoo artists do airbrushing so that as well be a possibility for your to persue. PHOTOS when done please!
Rae
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ahh Rae, that is a good idea... I have a friend who is a piercer, and works with some very tlaented tattoo artists!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:51 AM

Bob the guy who does my tattoos paints as well and does some really kewl sh**. but we are in MICHIGAN. good luck!
Rae
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, Rae, the time is probably coming soon, when I will have to stop talking to you, until next summer.

Hockey season is just around the corner!

Just kidding! So um, if I might ask, how many tats do you have?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 03:05 PM

Just one more idea Bob, the best place to get that kind of work done around here is the Custom Motorcycle shops. They are the best in this area. My father-in-law had his custom chopper sprayed with the American Flag done with some type of sparkle paint. I don't think I have ever seen a better paint job. He said the price was "reasonable" too. That's about all those guys do, so they get good at it, and they usually have pictures for you to look at to get ideas from. A nice "flat" and big surface like the kick would be a breeze for them. Just my 2 pennies.
This isn't his, but I thought it was creative.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 853464-mans_bike1.jpg (23.2 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode