Operation 1.3 Buildup - Stage 1 - Tear Down
Well, today I started tearing down more of that 1.3 spare engne. Damn she is in rough shape! I have A LOT of cleaning to do! So far everything looks rather solid. I haven't taken anything out of the block yet though. I don't want to take the block and head apart, but I guess I have to. I might use the head from my old engine that locked up on me, since I know the head on that one is in good shape, and a lot cleaner than this one. I'm not sure what I am going to end up doing. I am going to be throwing away the carb, unless someone wants it. The guy I bought it from said that it doesn't work that well. I will be putting on a Weber carb with the Thorley header. If you would like to "donate" to this project, please let me know! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Over time I am going to be putting all my write-up's and pictures into one big thing and make a web page for it all. This is my first time building a Samurai engine, so if you have any tips or any "do's and don'ts" please send them my way. Oh, and below is a link to a page with pictures of the engine that I took tonight with my dige cam.
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.nemesis4x4.com/zukbuildup/8602.html>http://www.nemesis4x4.com/zukbuildup/8602.html</a>
Would like your feedback on it, and tips. Right now I am having a hard time getting the bolts from the carb to the intake off. Tomorrow I am going to but some Liquid Wrench and hopefully that will work. The next stage is cleaning. I still have a few more days left on the tear down, and will put updates in this thread. I hope to start the cleaning this weekend. Thanks everyone! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]