Yota axle swap update (front axle)
Set up welded diff. carrier in third memeber.
Mounted third member on axle housing
Resufaced axle "bells" (steering knuckles)
Replaced inner axle seals
Greased up & installed axle shafts
Dissasembled hubs, rotors, spindles, etc.
Monday after work>
Bought more grease, more seals, U-bolts,etc.
Cleaned, greased & Reassembled everything from the knuckles outward to the hubs.
It's getting there! Glad I didn't try to swap the axles in before EMWF I wouldn't have done such a complete job (like many on this forum already told me back then)
There were a few things about the axles that I DIDN'T like as much as Zook axles but they do seem a lot more beefy.
Also found out tonight that when I moved my spring saddles closer together I made it very difficult or IMPOSSABLE to get a U-bolt on the passenger side spring mount on the side that the diff. is on One more problem to solve .
Wish I had a digital camera.