I GOT A SIDEKICK!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 01:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I GOT A SIDEKICK!!!!

im new in here becuase im a hardcore honda person.(motor swaped civic)
but i recently picked up a 95 sidekick for 300$
she was a retired security vehicle. I love this thing. its fun to drive, its a convertable, way better than my S10.

i just want to know of any other boards for this car,also i know nothing about it anything i should about? like is the suspension strong for off roading or should i stay on the street?
are they pretty reliable? mine already has 222K on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 02:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I GOT A SIDEKICK!!!!

hey cool another honda guy!

cool score man, but 222k, you sure? thatsa lotta miles!

lets find out a bit more about you and your kick.

not too long ago there was a post about kicks and trackers, and they are pretty bad arse!

Oh, i partly owned a 94 lude... vtec of course with mods, but, the recipe shall be kept a secret until i can get myself one hehe.

bro got rid of teh lude to get a 02 m3, dont think hes been happy since lol./
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

Welcome aboard I like to see other kicks My kick goes pretty damn good in the woods but like every other vehicle it does have its draw backs like a verry limited source for lifts but any way you'll get everything you need to know right here you stumbled on a great bunch of people
BRIAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 08:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Welcome!

I just bought a 96 tracker to add to my stable of Zuks...

Try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.Izook.com>http://www.Izook.com</a>. there are a lot of links to vendors of Kick/Tracker aftermarket stuff -- which is not as plentiful as Samurai, yet.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 10:49 AM

Oh good -- more alumni for me to hang wtih..

I miss my '87 Prelude Si terribly. It was such a great car.
A gal I knew owed me money, so she gave me her red metro convertable instead of the cash cuz her parents got her a newer Civic.. A few months later she called me saying that she had totalled the Civic, and would I sell her the Prelude for what insurance gave her for the Civic. (Quick math in head: In 1993 I paid $5500 with 122k on it.... it is now 1999 and it's at 189k, and you're offering me $6500.) Sice she was a friend I explained the numbers to her but she said it diudn't matter, she knew how I took care of the thing and she always wanted it. SOLD!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Can't Get Enough

I currently own 3 Hondas ('95 del Sol, '90 Accord &amp; '93 Civic) and owned several others in the past. They build good cars. I just wish they built a real 4WD.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2002, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah 222k. they told me it was used to patrol a mall in chicago so it drove around salty mall parking lots and probly wasnt washed once.it has a bit of rust. runs great no visalbe oil leaks .
everybody seems cool in here glad i found this site.

im in Kentucky, i know there is a good legal place to go off roading but i dont know where it is
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 05:23 AM
Keyboard Implanted

what part of kentucky ya in bro? im down by the south east corner. wheel in bell n harlan county all the time. then theres livingston KY, up on I75, over on the west end, theres LBL, KNOW theres a bunch of wheelin up london/somerset area, but dont know exactly how to get to it, and im sure theres a ton more places im not familiar with.
BiLLy bOb
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Mud in my Veins

Looks like i might be a step closer to getting a zuki... my friends sidekick (92 maybe?) has been sitting in his yard for 2 years cuz it was smoking real bad and he finally wants to sell it. i think he'll give it to me for $250 and he thinks the problem is a leaky valve seal, but doesnt know for sure. is it worth it or could i find a samurai in good shape for the same price? it has A/C, which doesnt really matter but would be nice til about october, and it's a 5spd. as i recall the sidekicks have stronger trannies and rear ends? and of course they have the 1.6L which would be nice. also, is it as easy to fit tires under these as it is the samurais? is there a solid axle swap that would be pretty simple... surely i can find a Sammi front axle CHEAP if that would work. i might just skip that and go straight to Yotas though. I like the look of the Samurais better but this deal is here and now, and would be very nice if i can get the motor problem worked out. BTW, it's off-road only, it has to follow the bronco til it hits the dirt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] any opinions or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode